How'd it go today?

Thanks south side.
I'm chipping into a dump trailer at the moment.
Its sucks because I have to take two trucks if I'm chipping.
I have a ford f350 that tows the chipper,
So I was liking your setup
It would work nice on a days like today.
45 min. Ride to first job 3 little oaks homeowner keep all the rounds for
Firewood.Back in the truck,30 min. Ride to next job hacked two swamp maples.
1 and half hour ride home trimmed 3 japmaples.all with 2 trucks...
George aka sawman

I think a person should build a slight taper to the box, flaring toward the rear.

Is it worth all that extra driving and messing with setting up to shoot from the chipper to the dump trailer in order to not unload those chips manually? You have a second guy ( 2 drivers). Paying him an hour's wages might be cheaper on days like this.

https://loadhandler.com/lh3000.php

What do you think your full expense is for a second truck and trailer?

https://loadhandler.com/lh3000.php
No replacement for a dump bed... Just a different tool.

A hand saw is way better in some applications than a chainsaw, however it is not a replacement, just a different tool.

Takes up no space. It will pay for itself in a bit.

Not exactly how I wanted to start my Monday off..... Blew a tire at 70mph on the interstate. Funny thing is, the towing bill was as much as it cost me to put two new tires on the chipper. The bright side is that nobody got hurt and I didn't cause an accident.
20170123_090006.jpg 20170123_094212.jpg 20170123_094529.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oh Thanks so much! The blind squirrel and all that. . . I've already had two offers to sell it (besides Jim)! haha. Not happening, I've got two jobs lined up for her this week 8)

Where is the motor on that chipper?? I felt like I was loosing my mind looking at that picture! hahaha

Glad she didn't roll or nothing worse came of it.

Cheers

It's kind of a goofy looking machine. It's only a 37 hp engine and its on the opposite side of the chipper from where the picture was taken. Tires were what ever came on the machine from new.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well today went as good as one could hope when the mud is a## hole deep. The environmental inspector even jokingly commented that the "wetland areas" were the dryest area of the job. Called it after nine hours. Signed the guys out for ten and did my paperwork. Everyone is tired and it's only Tuesday. 3 days left this week. Definitely earning our checks this week.

Good work Rich.

Had two 30" plus stumps to grind. Quoted last year, they rotted well, 1.5hr. Then had to go for a visitation, second cousin's MIL passed away. 2 funerals this week for me.

Gone a bit quiet here.

Picked up a very nice cheque from the "sunken garden" client (see work picture thread) an elderly french woman who spent half an hour, pen poised over the chequebook telling me of her admiration for Queen Elizabeth, which was nice but, you know...

:lol:

omg that was funny.

How bout the fact the same exact chit happens to tree guys all over the world???8)

Gone a bit quiet here.

Picked up a very nice cheque from the "sunken garden" client (see work picture thread) an elderly french woman who spent half an hour, pen poised over the chequebook telling me of her admiration for Queen Elizabeth, which was nice but, you know...
:lol:
I had a how is black ice formed lesson. Ha.!

Today went ok for my crew. We got a lot done for the conditions. That was good. Had a guy rear end someone this morning, tail gate ripped off a chip truck, tub grinding guy showed up wanting paid in full( which was supposed to be billed out next week, not really a big deal but today was a bit busy),and my bosses brother had a guy get hit with a saw. Everyone is ok. Guy that got cut spent some time in the ER to have muscles and other pieces sewn back together but is out and ok. Spent a few hours discussing what happened and how it will be dealt with. I need to see him tomorrow to hear what he has to say what happened but it was decided tonight that PPE violations will not be tolerated by anyone and is cause for immediate dismissal. I'm just glad it wasn't worse. Bad thing is that I was on that job yesterday and warned them that someone was gonna get hurt if they didn't fall in line. Sorry for turning this into a rant. Still trying to figure out what went wrong today. Is it a full moon? I need to think about this, get my job finished tomorrow, and work on some other things that are going on. I'm seriously praying that I can actually get a good night of sleep and wake up refreshed enough to deal with everything.

Today went ok for my crew. We got a lot done for the conditions. That was good. Had a guy rear end someone this morning, tail gate ripped off a chip truck, tub grinding guy showed up wanting paid in full( which was supposed to be billed out next week, not really a big deal but today was a bit busy),and my bosses brother had a guy get hit with a saw. Everyone is ok. Guy that got cut spent some time in the ER to have muscles and other pieces sewn back together but is out and ok. Spent a few hours discussing what happened and how it will be dealt with. I need to see him tomorrow to hear what he has to say what happened but it was decided tonight that PPE violations will not be tolerated by anyone and is cause for immediate dismissal. I'm just glad it wasn't worse. Bad thing is that I was on that job yesterday and warned them that someone was gonna get hurt if they didn't fall in line. Sorry for turning this into a rant. Still trying to figure out what went wrong today. Is it a full moon? I need to think about this, get my job finished tomorrow, and work on some other things that are going on. I'm seriously praying that I can actually get a good night of sleep and wake up refreshed enough to deal with everything.

Damn Rich, close call! Hopefully the buck stops there.

Hilarious. Just today I went for a bid, one thing led to another and this lady was telling me all about my Finish ancestors, their heroics and saunas!!:lol:

Oh my, you are Finnish.

That explains your weird posts:lol:

Just a bit Finnish, black Finns. Typical American/Euro mutt. German, Scottish, English etc etc.

Oh, well.
Just though I had something on you.

I spent the day cutting down some of the trees I planted around the property 25 years ago, thinning the hedge rows.
Nice firewood and lots of chipping.
Then took advantage of the sunny day and broke the motorcycle out of hibernation.
I've hasd such a craving for a bike ride lately, so I took a chance and rode about 100 km on mostly ice free roads.
Some of the places where trees had shaded the road from sunlight were a bit hairy, but I made it home in one piece.

Back