How'd it go today?

ten more days of organic chemistry.......pulled a 105 on second test. just took third yesterday, we shall see. In that last ten days we have 4th exam and final. Jesus Im counting down the days of that madness.

then a week at the beach and Fishing !!!!

I am home now. 23 hours and 1000 miles.

Dunseith North Dakota. Drove by Joel's turnoff. Cando.

Great pic, Jim, it tells a thousand words...

Hard to feel an earthquake when Jim causes his own just being Jim.

ten more days of organic chemistry.......pulled a 105 on second test. just took third yesterday, we shall see. In that last ten days we have 4th exam and final. Jesus Im counting down the days of that madness.

then a week at the beach and Fishing !!!!

A well deserved break it sounds like.

Way to go on the school John. :thumbup:

John, your focus on excelling is inspirational...thanks for sharing your progress.

You will be gutting fish and studying the inner systems at the same time. Your kids are gonna pick up some great info just listening to you gut fish.:D

Enjoy!!!

IMG_20170707_185743750_HDR.jpg

Best part of the day.

New starter almost fixed the grinder. Needs a new key switch, too.

Shouldn't have to worry about the clutch or ring gear on this chip truck ever again... $2200 later.

Fan clutch will be in at Napa for the chip truck... Should help it run cooler, for $200.

Bought tickets for Dahlia and I to go to the 14th (ish) Annual Northwest String Summit music festival camping weekend for my birthday present to myself...44 on Monday.

Dahlia wants to bake me a birthday cake with yard picked berries. Adorable. Apron time this weekend, maybe even a Salon day in the back yard.

How's Darin doing? I still have my Tanager Tree Service t shirt.

Matter of fact, quite a few names I'm not seeing from before. I would look at my 'friends' list on my old profile but it seems that has been edited recently. My memory is terrible.

Darin seems good. He stopped by not too long ago for an over night visit. Haley is growing into a young woman. He is training right now to hike the Muir Trail Brian.

Not the most flattering expression, but...

First use for that block in forever. My tandem zip pulley will improve the system, when I can find it.

I'd like to put in a steel system. Maybe Amsteel???

Amsteel will work good for that Sean. I'm not sure how it holds up to the sun though. The problem with a steel cable is the splinters. I set up a brand new out of the box zip line kit last week end while camping and was bit a few times.

Had a good day working. Did a silver maple reduction this morning. Not my favorite thing to do but it was either I did it or the local ladder high guy would've made it a hat rack. 15'-20' out of a 80' silver maple weed isn't terrible. Looked dang good and the home owner was thrilled with the results. Then went and removed about 60 alianthis (tree of heaven) this afternoon. Vile weeds! All small. Around 30 ' tall and only counted 7growth rings on them. Going back next week for 7 large dead ash at the same house. Came home and fell asleep trying to get the baby to nap. Woke up just in time to walk up for the fireworks at our yearly street party. Cops showed up cause someone complained. The guy hosting the party have them each a big to go container of food and one for the caller. Funny thing is, the police chief lives next door and was present at the party. We all have our guesses to who complained but we will leave it alone.
It was a beautiful day.

Jim, I would have a cover to lessen evaporation.

Only in the outer perimeter (where the cows drink) would the water not be covered.

The rest of the inner part would be covered.

Water would evaporate to the cover, then drip back in.

IF I'm sciencing right...

Back