How'd it go today?

Nice looking gate Sean.

I feel like I'd be stressed Peter if somebody asked me to be the executioner(sorry watching 'a series of unfortunate events' lately) of a will. Seems like you handled it easy peasy.

I've got me a line on a great parts truck. A 01 f350 7.3, I've got a 99 f550 7.3 and a 03 f350 gaspot.

It should be a real adventure, about two hours up into the mountains from here and I'm trailering it home due to an oil leak. I'm a crazy truck collector. Lol. But it has a lot of valuable parts on it for the price tag. A huge lift in it that I can probably sell for the price of the truck.

This sucker is about to get recycled!

IMG_1247.jpg

Awesome Justin! Good luck man. I'm going to look at a dump truck Saturday, about 4 hours south. Always exciting trying to coax stuff home.

Got my new tent today 8)

16144421_1256450667724205_1097006744_n.jpg

16128075_1256452307724041_986704249_n.jpg

16128377_1256452687724003_821882467_n.jpg

Sweet tent.

Got some odds and ends from Partsgeek.com. Cheap aftermarket options. Inner and outer door handles, driver's mirror and heater control knobs. Only about $50. Headlight bezel and window crank handles, about $20 plus shipping.

Some gate fine tuning.

Pruning job today, 28 steps... My employee said he made at least 50 trips. I probably had 10. He was whooped.

Thats a tent? Neat, I have never seen anything like that.

How much weight will it hold?

Speaking of weight, I cooked Richard boy one of his favorite dinners tonight. He did not eat much, so I asked if it was okay.

He said yes, he did not want any more though. I asked him why. He said if he eats too much he might end up looking like me.:cry:

Sure he is only 5, but damn.

Sweet purchases, Justin, Sean and Sam! Nice to get deals.

Jim, meh, kids, what'ya gonna do?

Off to ID body this afternoon, need to make a few phone calls for this estate I'm looking after. Usually it's a year process, since he lived a spartan life should make it easier.....I hope!! Funeral is next Wednesday, 2-4. Managed to track down a photo album so I can put up some pics of him at the funeral. I did shed a tear or two for him, things are very quiet for him. Tried contacting his only niece, but to no avail.

Speaking of weight, I cooked Richard boy one of his favorite dinners tonight. He did not eat much, so I asked if it was okay.

He said yes, he did not want any more though. I asked him why. He said if he eats too much he might end up looking like me.:cry:

Sure he is only 5, but damn.

What the hey?? Was he smiling when he said that? ;)

He's too young to realize the benefits of grizzly bear strength in a grizzer bear body.

Well my 'deal' fell through. The guy grossly overstated the condition of certain parts and items. As well as a few things he conveniently left out. I thought to negotiate a cheaper price to salvage the deal but to no avail. A wasted trip. Oh well. That's classified hunting, you gotta know when to pull the pin and not bite.

Did some view pruning (clearing maple re -re- re-sprouts of a slope), and some vertical reduction on a nice Japanese maple.

Been nice being able to leave my employee to do shop work with a list and a plan... IMG_20170120_175436104.jpg
Rough cut cedar boards I've had on hand for a while, getting put to good use skinning over the 2x4 and plywood frame.
New door handle inside and out, and mirror on my pick up (clipped my mirror on the garage recently).

Have the far side of the box to go, and some lockable doors to make. I can chain things down inside, too. Will fit the mini or stumper, once I get ramp brackets.

My employee just got word he might be startng at the ship yard Union job on Monday, on and off. $30+per hour, time and a half after 8, double time after 10 hours. I can't compete, nor complain.

He'll have some layoffs, and is welcome back.
New, experienced guy starting on Monday.

Took the two older kids to the movies tonight.

Went and saw the movie "Sing". It was okay.....not what I had figured it was gonna be. Wasn't a typical kids show, not much laughter.

Cost me 18 bucks for three tickets and another 20 for the candy. Cripes! No wonder I dont go to movies much.

I had no idea that it had become so expensive.

There is a heavier duty version and a lighter version. Like any unloading tool, like a dump bed, it works best in a straight sided box.

For a pickup truck or this service body, it means making a wall inside the wheel wells.

A 4' wide box, 6' tall, and 8' long, reasonably full, could approach 6 yards, which is definitely around a ton+. It might need some chips emptied manually. I never boxed my pick up bed wheel wells, so it was sub optimal. The Load Handler helped. I still have it from 8 years ago. I need to look at possibly mounting it. I don't anticipate chipping into it regularly. It's good overflow in a pinch, compared to a sick in the eye.

What chip box situation are you working with, Sawman (your name?)?

Back