How'd it go today?

Jim. You ever been to Hamilton MT? Bitter root range.... I cruised through there 20 years ago.....it was like from a 50's twilight zone episode..... five and dimes and beauty skies.

Deva, did you make it up to Glacier National Park? One very beautiful place. Some big hairy things with long claws about, though.

Took most the day yesterday, but went and picked up my rebuilt unit for the chipper. Then put her back together. Banjo fittings gave me grief till almost dark. Tried copper rings instead of steel and got a seal on all four this morning. Primed the system and a no start issue, still fuel starving arose. So in deeper we went. Lots of phone calls. Internet help...... videos. Trouble shooting help on line. I will probably do a brief thread on it tomorrow for guys that might run into the issue.
Rob got back for the job I put him and the guys on. The two of us put our collective heads on it. Fresh set of eyes helped narrow it down.. damn gasket on the new fuel filter ended up covering the ports to the filter. System would prime through the return lines making it look like we had fuel flow proper. Ha!
So as of this evening, the chipper lives again. Runs better than before too :)
Really needed that injection pump freshened up. :D

Attachments

• tmp_16932-20160825_122359-1392396218.jpg
    tmp_16932-20160825_122359-1392396218.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 42
Ha! No team roping for me, my yeller horse is still lame.

And I am still a certified arb. What does Deva say? Someone has to speak for the trees.

Just saw this pic of Glacier on Instagram.

93585b62916a71813d345a86382f3dbc.jpg

I have been over there, but long ago. Once you get away from Missoula and Kalispell, the small old logging and cattle towns are kinda nice.

To be honest, not much has changed out here since the 50's either!

We dont smoke marijuana in Muskogee.......

I went through Glacier 10 years ago or so. Hated it!

Hay, You're right, Justin!

Someone has to keep a look out.

My college dorm roommate was from Red Bluff..His momma Hazel (stamped on her belt) unloaded and unpacked his room..she loaded his fridge with food and then left....He was a national High school team roping champion. Zane Glines. What a nutter! Highballs of whiskey with homework and absolutely allergic to candy....made him crazy. He threw a bottle of Crown through our room window, smashing it.......

Had the most amazing girlfriend.

That's funny Deva. Takes all kinds.........to rope.

I'm about a week out from my three day horse trip. Getting pretty stoked to see some new country. Someone once said, "Nothing better than riding into new country on a fine horse". Orrrr something like that.

Why did you hate Glacier, Jim? Did you think that they were artificially coloring the lake? A ranger forbid you to take a Chipmunk home? I imagine it gets touristy.

Last time I was there I was coming home from Seattle.

I was sick of trees and people, and did not take an easy breath until I got to Cut Bank.

The last trip to Yellowstone was ruined by people too.

Sorta what ruined my trips to NZ as well.

I am no fun to take anywhere.

I get just as much enjoyment sitting on top of my Indian hill by myself than I do going to the most beautiful place on earth with a bunch of people.

Back