How'd it go today?

A good day except that my employee hurt his hand.

Work (I should tree jobs in the field) was slow for a minute this week, but I'm full next week, and into the next. A bid or two to do tomorrow, with some grinding.

Came home after shopping with D for her school "workshop". She will"run" a glass drinking bottle decorating workshop (had to spin her original Decorating Wine Glasses for Kids idea).

Got a 66 pound box of gear from Ray Rocket from aTB auction. $500 delivered. It's waiting to be opened... Just got D to sleep, so time to look at what Santa brought.

At Agfest today and tomorrow...massive field day event, got to speak to the manufacturer of my chipper, the actual owner, builder,head mechanic. We sorted out a lot of the small things that have not been quite right with my second hand unit..he was very happy to help.
Then just wandering about looking at everything from old steam engine to the latest biggest shiniest of just about everything for the farm, for camping, for eating...bliss.
We are going to help our friend Eddie the chainsaw carver tomorrow,hand out cards and hang out,watching him turn a block of wood into a work of art, he's pretty amazing.

Rubbish day. Didn't get home until 7. Deadwood in a big oak over 3 properties. Some big chunks to rig by myself. Totally underestimated, I think down to the attractive German lady who lived there. I met her and and my brains just went to mush in hindsight....completely took my eye off the ball. So, she got a good deal at least.

Happens often I believe.

You came up short in money, came up bigger in soul-pleasing aesthetics.

Actually was killing live trees today and yesterday. Some fun with pull lines and hanging whole trees. Two trees had fallen into the kids playground. So they go with vendetta. So I pulled on my hardwood logging pants and dove in.

Attachments

• tmp_26338-20170505_141230-596391901.jpg
    tmp_26338-20170505_141230-596391901.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 30
Back