How'd it go today?

Shop day today, Taking it easy, getting over a bad chest cold and laryngitis, had it over a month. Need to do some maintenance on the stumper, tomorrow I've managed to scrap together a few jobs in Delhi. Hope they don't cancel now! I picked up a diamond disc for my grinder, tune up the stumper teeth a bit. PPE of course.

Had a slew of low ball requests to do tree work, willing to pay $12 an hour!?!?! The weather here must be making people crazy.

Couple of muffler bolts a little bit longer n cone head lock washers?

Presto!

The MS200T's ready for duty again!

Only 15 bugs Mick!

The best never rest.

Jomo

I know you lyin Mick.........but continue....

The search!

Jomo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 28
Attaboy Mick!

Proof you ain't French!

The English never surrender!

Their search for the lost hair of youth...

Jomo

Laying in bed this AM and, like August, trying to decide what really NEEDED to be done. Then I got a call that decided it for me. Dive Team Commander said there was a car in the local reservoir. Car went in the drink last night...the car owner did not THINK anyone else was in the car when it sank. He "remembered being with a girl earlier in the evening" but wasn't sure if she was in the car....

Huh???? Sounds like Chappaquiddick.

So we used sonar to locate the car, Herb dropped down to strap it and the tow truck caught a big one. No victim in the car.

Nice windy, sunny day on Sweetwater Creek reservoir...not too far from where we recovered a BMW about 5 years ago.

Oh...the battery picture. Somebody left the Nav. lights on at some point...stone dead battery. Our Fema director hotfooted it to AutoZone and got us one while we geared up. It's always something.

Attachments

• Car recovery  (1) RESIZED.jpg
    Car recovery (1) RESIZED.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Car recovery  (3) RESIZED.jpg
    Car recovery (3) RESIZED.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Car recovery  (5) RESIZED.jpg
    Car recovery (5) RESIZED.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Car recovery  (6) RESIZED.jpg
    Car recovery (6) RESIZED.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 36
  • Car recovery  (18) RESIZED.jpg
    Car recovery (18) RESIZED.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Car recovery  (13) RESIZED.jpg
    Car recovery (13) RESIZED.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Car recovery  (21) RESIZED.jpg
    Car recovery (21) RESIZED.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Car recovery  (25) RESIZED.jpg
    Car recovery (25) RESIZED.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Car recovery  (27) RESIZED.jpg
    Car recovery (27) RESIZED.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 36
Looked like the circus was in town this afternoon. Should've went with my gut and just climbed the damn thing. Both of the bosses were convinced I didn't want to climb it so I put the truck in there. Three hours later I got to start the removal with a 2005 international 4300 taking up most of the drop zone. It is what it is, and that's a mess. Gonna finish and winch the truck out tomorrow. I'm getting tired. Only a month left of this nonsense.

Did 6 stumps today, snow squalls. 2 properties, different HO's on hwy 3 delhi. Been plus temperatures and last 2 days below freezing. Caught another stump in Waterford tomorrow.

My dad in Brantford calls me at my GF in waterford, saying he's sick and hungry. I offer to order and pay for a meal delivered but he refuses and hangs up. After about an hour I feel guilty and go to a grocery store, get some delhi meats, buns and oranges and drive up to drop it off. Back to my GF's for the night since I have a stump tomorrow.

Just got out of the shower.

For some reason my wife forgot to sell a cow that had a prolapsed uterus last year.

To hold the uterus in a vet will stitch umbilical tape across the vagina. Kind of like a fence to hold everything inside.

Just as she starts to have a calf you have to cut the strings so the calf can be delivered.

Wife is gone so after I got off the phone with her I went outside to call the dogs and heard a funny noise. Head out to the corrals and sure as hell this cow had been trying to push her calf out for some time. I thought it was dead. Looked dead.

Got her down to the squeeze and went back to the house for a water can and a scalpel...put on some surgical gloves too in case anyone was watching.

Couldn't cut the knots on the outside because they were sucked into the skin too deep so I had to guide the scalpel inside blind with my fingers to make the cuts. Of course the calfs head and feet were out so I did not have much room.

Finally got the strings cut and out comes the big ole calf. Sunofabitch is alive. Tongue is swolle all to hell, might be a while before it can nurse.

Just get the calf out, hang it upside down for a while yo drain the airway, and the cow keeps pushing. The whole friggin' uterus comes out and I catch it before it hits the ground. Lucky. Cow was laying down.

Just this afternoon Dad was telling me about how he caught a uterus and just stuffed it back in. No problem after that.

So I gathered up her insides and stuffed em back in. Got her out of the chute and drug her calf out so she would take her mind off of turning her insides into outsides and put it on cleaning her calf.

Worked too.

I will have a story to impress my EMT with class in the morning.

Nice work Jim, I'd have liked to have assisted. I think I've pushed my shop cat's brains back in a few times after a fight.

Cows don't eat the placenta after giving birth like goats?

Back