How'd it go today?

Couple of things of recent....

We had my buddy Don cut a logging road on a steep hill to extract logs with his excavator from. Well, whole trees anyway. Creek below them.
Worked well. Felled about 14 into it between other trees, 180 out of favour and some with a horrible side lean. skinny tall suckahs.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E5zwWHZm56k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Squeezed a quick crane job right in before fair. Black oak with some root issues leaning over a house. Kid that lived there took some vids, but only got one from his dad so far and a couple of pictures.
Busy times
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HgJ7b_afrIs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ooops, picts of my goofing off.......

Attachments

• IMG950998.jpg
    IMG950998.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG950997.jpg
    IMG950997.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG950999.jpg
    IMG950999.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG951004.jpg
    IMG951004.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG951005.jpg
    IMG951005.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20170819_130958.jpg
    20170819_130958.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20170819_130951.jpg
    20170819_130951.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 38
Rabid squirrel?

Geez customers. I just finished working a saturday yesterday and get called this morning by a guy in a panic because he's selling his house and needs an inspection. Doesn't have the time to even accurately describe to me what type of wood burning setup he has because he's in to big of a rush today(Sunday) but wants me to drop everything and head right over and get it done. Wtf are people thinking? Try to slow him down a little to explain that I need to know what I'll be inspecting so I can be prepared to do it and bring the appropriate forms with me, and to explain pricing and that I'll be squeezing him in early tomorrow morning instead of dropping any plans I may have had today.

At one point he gives me the 'I'm not trying to be an asshole I'm just really busy' comment to which my reply was nearly identical. Guy doesn't have five-ten minutes to discuss a job with me on the phone and expects me to drop everything on a Sunday and rush over and 'just get it done'. Clown. Sounds like he won't be there tomorrow morning, probably for the best.

I'm super busy and booked weeks out this time of year.

The crowning moment of our conversation was when he told me he didn't want to pay for an inspection if it didn't 'pass'. Lol.

Good one Justin. I was pricing all day yesterday, the last client (mad old lady who spends the whole time bitching about her neighbours/the Mayor etc) really brassed me off.
I hate it when people have an imaginary issue with something/someone and relate it to you repeatedly thinking you give a shit.

Sorry, forgot you were even on my list, oh you found some one else? Good!.... Bye byee.......
Those suck Justin...
Just had a client call some one else because I did not call her right back... Oh well. Never much liked working there anyway.. Husband is a PITA and so is she. Funny how that works.

Good Luck!

Nice Monday: put in my 1 hour and went to breakfast:lol: Not very busy at the course.

Good to be home...couple days "helping" Nick on his job; dispensing unwanted advice, talking on phone, drinking coffee, taking pictures, watching others on the crew work, etc.;) had to come home to work at the golf course Sat morning, then unload tools and load music equipment and head right back out to play music about a 3 hr drive from here. Took the camper & dog along and came back Sunday.

Been in the eighties here every day and dryer than popcorn fart...different for this time of year here.

Back