How'd it go today?

Black walnuts make GREAT ammo for a sling. If you have never used one you are missing a lot of fun. Here is how I make them...trigger, how to hold, etc. A walnut throws great.

Attachments

• sling  (1).JPG
    sling (1).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 35
  • sling  (2).JPG
    sling (2).JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 35
  • sling  (3).JPG
    sling (3).JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 35
  • sling  (4).JPG
    sling (4).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 35
  • sling  (5).JPG
    sling (5).JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 35
  • sling  (6).JPG
    sling (6).JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 35
  • sling  (7)resized.jpg
    sling (7)resized.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 35
I prefer the big shot over the David and Goliath method. Walnuts are to traceable since I have the only walnut tree for quite a distance. Golf balls are my ballistic weapon of choice. Plenty of terrible golfers around practicing toward the hay field behind my property. The really bad ones have returned fire
Good eye catching Thomas. Or was that James in the background?

The problem with golfballs and the BS is if they aren't orange you soon lose sight of them!

Those slings look good Gary. Whenever I see people of a certain persuasion hucking rocks at the police or military with guns I think they are either stupid or they have never experienced the shear magic of how fast and hard and accurately a sling can hurl a rock.

Possibly breaking down and getting a stump grinder. Would rather not get into that but no one really wants to be a sub,and I've lost several jobs because of my inability to grind stumps. I'm finding most customers want the whole package around here.

I don't want to spend much at all but also want to stay away from the consumer type grinders. DR etc.
I found this terex for 2750.00.
It does pivot but is not self propelled. I think it weighs around 300lbs.
2014 model with 45-50 hrs on it
Good deal? Or should I keep looking around? Again I'm just a weekender and not looking on spending to much right now.

8b8289c7aa994faba0a1584283d58c7c.jpg

db634f8fb032598faf7dd7cfbc945860.jpg

Is that the one on the pics?
Nice and shiny, it looks completely new to me. Stump grinding is hard for the paint and wears it very quickly at the bottom of the belt cover, the flip guard and the front of the wheel carter.
And the grinding wheel of course.

These little grinders are hard for the man but can do a lot of work, even the big stumps. It takes just time... a lot of time for the big ones.
Keep the teeth sharp.

A small grinder is great for my area. There is always an Italian who cut down a fruit tree or two.

Looks nice, any idea the RPM and diameter of the wheel?

I'm guessing it's the one pictured. Not for sure on that. Haven't seen any detailed specs on it. Going to start searching the web to see what I can find out about it. Will call tomorrow to see if I can get any more details.

I agree looks awful nice and new to have 50 hrs on it. The pics may have been from where it was first purchased.

That gx630 engine is only 21hp rather than the 25hp the dealer is claiming, so no, don't like that either.

My advice, a Vermeer sc252 like that or the Rayco rg25 is the very least I'd get, they both use the Kohler Command 25hp motor, bit lumpy but very reliable, you should be able to pick one up very cheap.

Keep looking.

Yea have been scanning them for a few days. That's where I ran across both I posted on here. Seems all the good stuff is so dang far away from me.

What is that?

One of our assistant Chiefs is the weekend pumper for the field that is on our place.

His boss and the other weekday pumper are gone. One is AWOL and the other is still out south on the fire.

The weekend man's wife is sicker than hell so he had to leave.

If the tanks get too full he needs someone there to climb up to the top and switch tanks.

One had 16 feet left to fill and he did not think that it would need changed because he shut in a well today. So maybe, maybe not.

Back