How'd it go today?

Rich, I don't have a day job in the Winter, so I turn into a night owl.

Break time. 2am. 2 new bass tracks in the can and working on a third...keep messing it up so gonna let it set and go back to it in a while.

Hoping to finish this bass stuff out tonight and start on some fiddle tracks tomorrow.

Been recording on an album for a gal out of Annapolis, Maryland who sounds a lot like Emmylou Harris to me. Some guy in Surrey UK is doing the guitar work and the mixing, while some banjo and mandolin are getting cut by a guy Raleigh N.Carolina.

Not much noise this time of the morning in the Winter, so it's a good time to do some recording.

Glad I've at least got this internet stuff to keep me musically motivated. Not getting much of any response from all the adds I've answered over the last couple months.

Dave, I'm sure that there are reasons to live elsewhere, but would there be more musical opportunity for you if you lived in a place like Nashville?

Moving isn't in the cards, Jay. You've hit on my own advice I've given to many who were looking for work. "Your only limited by how far you will travel to get a job".

I've been trying hard to find something of quality that is fairly local, but it hasn't worked out so far, so time to expand the search but not quite as far as you mentioned.

Rich, you bang out hella quantities of work.

Your company has 4 crews- how many salesmen to keep all those guys in the wood?

I've seen and done some pretty immoral things to try and stave off beaver. They are relentless. They have nothing to do all day every day but build. . .

Beavers used to chew me up a hell of a lot of treework. Chewing on trees near homes. Dealt with some dicey compromised trees because of those furry bastards.

Cory believe it or not it's the owner as the only salesman. The residential side he does have his brother estimating a bit more but he still deals with the more high profile or more complicated ones. He's also hit it in a sweet time with the gas company and the local municipalities.

On this ditch job the trapper caught the male and female (60&50 lbs) and a bunch of younger ones. I tore out the dam and "hut" today. The "hut" was at least 20 yards of material. The project also got extended another 1500 feet to take care of anymore problems downstream. Nothing but fun. I heard a rumor I was gonna get that new Rayco forestry mower to take care of a lot of it. Kind of a bit excited.

He's a heckuva salesman I would say.

Live trap or kill trap the beavs?

No varment relocation in Ohio so not live traps. They're edible but I'm gonna take the trappers word on that. The trapper said he's eaten a lot of beaver. Some good some bad. He's getting a bit long in the tooth so I'm guessing he didn't see the humor in what he was saying.

Wife is having a fit, NEEDS daughter to go to school.

I am somewhat less than motivated to participate.

Jeezlus, 30 below with a ten mph wind turns to 50 below. Road is blown in, tractor wont start.........settle the F down and have some hot chocolate!

A lot of houses here (including mine) are raised above ground with exposed pipes - a real PITA.

Back