How'd it go today?

Ur right that's just my observation. 64 still working 10hrs 6x week. Hardly speaks English I wonder if he knows what aspirin is. my mom tries to make him take vitamins and he literally growls at her lol

Wow, Joe! I'll bite, what's in his home made. And what does he work at??

Hope you feel better soon, Tucker. I had that flu this fall, absolutely miserable.

Cold here, -15 this morning and got up to -6 today!

He's a machinist. We call the stuff slivovica which is like a plum brandy but he prefers to make it from grapes now. Growing up it was put on all cuts and scrapes, rashes, fever flu, my mom would even clean the windows with it lol. Different guys have different recipes and some even flavor it now but I think they are just puting a modern twist on some old school medicine.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slivovitz

We have been using colloidal silver. Rob has been making it. Kept that friggen bug off me. I could feel it try if I skipped a dose. But went away once I started it again. Shit works. I doubt I would want to be on it long term. I want my immune system to keep active.

That stuff sounds like the Grappa a lot of people used to make around here, has a kick to it.

Yeah don't stay on it too long, it does work though. Grape seed extract works for me.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...ver-to-help-skin/story-fneuzlbd-1226727312302
images

Ha, the blue guy, I remember that interview!

For those who are still in 2014, the sun has come up on 2015 and all is well (at least in our corner of the country)...Happy New year everyone :)

In response to August's posts: he is putting a lot of work in that video interview with me. It will be very flattering I'm sure. I suggested he do one on Reg, and Butch too! It's good thing, I believe, that August is documenting the icons of this trade at this time. There's so many good new journeymen coming up today. I'm an old schooler. There's not many of us left. Butch! You're an old schooler icon that can tell a story or two that surely sets the standard by which this trade developed from grass roots.

I'm not tooting my own horn here, I just had to say this for the few old schoolers left. And good on August for his work at documenting the past and current happenings in the trade.

Another new, happy fruit tree pruning customer. Repeat winter work, year after year.

Knocked two neglected, older apple trees out, and knocked out a caved in rear pickup fender. Someone was in a rush to get out of town for xmas with a dirty passenger side mirror and sun glare, and a trailer being backed up. I missed dinner, 3.5 hours from here. Surprising what you can do with 2x4s as levers and fulcrums from the back side of the fender. A little white paint and it will have the 30' paint and body work job, as a work truck goes.

Thanks Jer, I'm up to the Rockport part of the interview. Hearing the live interview, studying all the pictures, and reading in HCTF about the unforgettable cracking sounds of the hinge and the silence as it left the spar etc. made me feel a brotherhood bond with you and others because I love it all through and through with every fiber of my being. Like you, and them, I'm made for it.

Had a rough day yesterday. Tendinitis is what the doc told me. I thought I broke something in my hand but didn't know how. I gotta wear some stupid brace now and "take it easy". Gonna be interesting at work Monday

Back