Page 5608 of 5608 FirstFirst ... 46085108550855585598560656075608
Results 56,071 to 56,074 of 56074

Thread: How'd it go today?

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterZero View Post
    You'd be good in Yankee Stadium, beer vendor in the crowd...the same "Hey, Up calves, hup, hup, hey, calves, get up there, get up there, hoeee" works just like: Beer here! Hey, beer. Beer here! I got your Bud Light heah"
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Treehouser

Today was bid day. I typically take one weekday to run bids all day, and sometimes a few on the weekends too. It's nice having a crew that doesn't mind working four day weeks. It's a seller's market here in Florida; I'm booked solid with work until the end of December. This year is the busiest we've ever been heading into winter.

Usually I think, "ya, another 'pretty tall' dead tree removal bid.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171019_122848430_HDR.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	82129

Two dead Grand fir. One is significantly taller, and single trunk/ pretty straight. The other one, Doctor Suess and two tops.

In a forest of tall trees, it's hard to gauge size. These things hardly taper, 34-36" dbh.

My guess is the secondary tops are 12"+, and curly, as best I can tell. Right near the Sound on the uphill side of the road, not waterfront. Luckily, the big one decidedly leans toward the neighbor's huge shop, housing his fancy boat. The other one, toward the 1 neighborhood access road, and primaries. Not many people live down here, so electrical repair is low priority after a storm. The homeowner doesn't want to be "that guy" with dead trees endangering people/ property/ access/ utilities (all wells for water supply, too).

Several years of drought and age .

Electric fly swatters, I presume.