How'd it go today?

Do you have a similar saying, Butch?
I can't remember ever coming across something like that.

I love my trees. I may even pet them and talk to them. No bs. Passerby’s must think I’m nuts. They are like my kids, I’m digging them up when we move.

Crap, Jim. I know that's business as usual for you, but I know what its like to have to get stuff running to feed every day. I had -24 last winter. Very unusual to break into the minus twenties around here.

Thanks for making me feel like a sissy Jim! It’s 14 above here and I came in to warm up my hands. Of course I didn’t plan on being out quite that long. Took a bit of effort to start the mini and get the hydraulic hoses off of the bmg. Gonna be going away for a couple days with the wife and kids so I’m getting as much equipment in the garage as possible. Things need to get snow melted off of them and I really want the mini to start when I get home Thursday. I need some rest. I was up till after one am working on the minivan. Damn automatic door got stuck open and after tearing half of the vehicle apart I was able to disconnect it so it can be used manually.

It's lovely and sunny, almost 70...birds are chirping, heading out to play landscaper again, mainland bloke bought a block here in the village that has a few small trees and shrubs on it, needed someone to keep it tidy and mowed, yeah, we'll do that. Easy money.

Ouch Rich! Safe travels!

-23C here. Tire pressure warning going off on the f150. F350 is grumpy starting up, I need to service the battery terminals. My Dad's snowblower starter died, I took one off one of my engines for him.

Unfortunately work is very slow.

Burrr... we had 17 degrees this morning and -9 a couple days ago. Last winter was a cold one. We had a three week stretch where it never warmed above 0 and was getting down in the -20’s at night. I bought one of those stick on oil pan heaters for my little tacoma so it would start.

OK...I've climbed in some nasty cold and snow, bitchin' wet and windy, bla bla bla. But that stuff you really foolish men ('cause I know of no woman stoopid enough to do so :D)climb in would have me inside and hugging the woodstove, without a doubt.

Last edited:
Speaking of stoopid climbing I had to climb up on my metal roof I put on. Forgot to put snow catchers around double wall stove pipe and plumbing stack.
After snow slid off everywhere but around them I remembered.
Had to climb up and sweep off snow. Feet stuck good till I did that. Took a towel up to dry shoes and roof. Stuck good then. Rather be in a tree.

Here, it isn't so cold by far but very windy and rainy. The front yard where I park my van is a mud mess. I have to do something, we drag dirt everywhere in the house.

Wood chips are only one step better than mud.

Did you know that's why they take off their shoes in Japan, Marc?

;)

I had reason to be thankful that the German automotive industry is so good, today.
I pulled out of a forest road that was behind a bend in the road, and hidden by a house, pulling a trailer full of firewood.
I should have had a spotter, but beeing on my own, I had no choice but to just go for it.
As I pulled out, a young woman in a black Audi came around the corner, way over the speed limit.
I had my driver's side window open and could hear the ABS at work.
That Audi went from probably 80 km/hr to 0 in 10 meters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I talked to her afterwards, she didn't even have time to get scared.
" Now I surely know that my brakes work" was all she said.

Back