How'd it go today?

Very cool. Boy I bet you can do a boatload of damage with a cane, ouch!!

So how old is the grandmaster and how bad ass is he??:D

In his 80s...some mobility issues but still can do much. Very badass if necessary. Level of knowledge, skill and experience is phenomenal. He cannot do anymore some of what he teaches...but his understanding of how to teach is remarkable.

People wear or carry "weapons" all the time. Ladies in high heels if grabbed from behind...your car or house keys can do a nice job if dragged across someone's face. Ladies walking to their cars, holding their keys in a certain way is something to keep in mind.

There's this walking stick.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eRzB7kGe5bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zatoichi, I just learned of this guy. Ya gotta love him!

I bet it would hurt like hell to get beat with one of those canes and humiliating to get your ass whipped by an 80 year old man.

Been a busy few weeks for me, trying to get jewellery boxes and pens all made ready for fathers day, done a few pruning jobs and a paving job for a mate. Had a farewell lunch with my landscaping company today as I have a new job with the RFS. Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon as I will be catching up with a mate that I took to hospital after he hurt himself while tying up his horse 2 wks ago

Full time as a member of state mitigation mainly doing trail clearing/prep, hazard reduction work, large scale incident assistance and a few other jobs. At a guess I may potentially end up going to Canada to assist with the fires but time will tell as I have a 3wk induction program

Last night a friend if mine had his annual lots of friends party too coincide with the big fireworks show that the municipality puts on. He lives in front of the river where they hold the event, close enough where you can sometimes feel some blast of air on your face from the shockwaves. The town gets businesses to sponsor in addition to what they put in, something like two hundred grand in total. You can get about an hour and a half of fireworks for that amount. My friend provides all the beer you can drink from kegs and his son-in-laws do a bbq. Its cool to see what new types of fireworks the company doing the shooting off has in store. At the end there is a big lull and it gets people thinking if it's over, then they shoot off everything at once for five minutes and it's like the world is coming to an end, a little scary and spectacular at the same time. You get the impression that the fireworks people really get off on that. I ride my bike home through the stop and go traffic, helps to relieve too much beer and bbq.

Fireworks is big. There are some places that put on amazing shows, trying to outdo each other. Good for business too, in larger towns all the hotels get booked up and the food concessions and whatnot. People come from a long distance to check it out, the roads and trains are packed. A room with a balcony in front of the show over the lake won't come cheap.

Thanks Steve and Chris, I got an email from the rfs with a link to their current positions available and one of the jobs was state mitigation crew member and crew leader so I applied for the crew member and had to answer a few target questions and do a medical(basically to say that I was fine to do the work), from there I then had to do the arduous pack test where you had to walk 4.83km ended up being 5.2km with a 20.4kg weighted vest on in 45mins or under(fast walk) and then do a few other manual handling exercises. Then came the interview which was a few senarios which you had to react. I am about to start the induction process so hopefully I will get time to take some pics of the training. Will start a thread later with what I had to do in the physical assessment. If anyone wants to see the boxes and pens that I have made below is a link to my FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/PatsFineFurniture/

Took down what used to be an awsome spruce tree. Dead by the time I got to it. I'm not sure how overloaded the trailer was but it certainly looked overloaded going down the road. 20170814_185046.jpg

Back