Page 5442 of 5612 FirstFirst ... 4442494253425392543254405441544254435444545254925542 ... LastLast
Results 54,411 to 54,420 of 56119

Thread: How'd it go today?

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

Beautiful pictures!
    We did a bike ride downhill in Alaska in the early 2000's...indeed the no pedalling is nice.
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

Great pictures, Stig. Absolutely stunning.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

-Thanks!

I got hurt today.
    In 40 years of running chainsaws, I've never been cut by one, but today a frigging hedgetrimmer got me.
    Danger sure lurks in the weirdest places.
    Took a fall while wearing the trimmer in my spring loaded harness. As I was trying not to fall flat on my face, the trimmer rotated on the harness and bit the tip off my little finger, right through the tip of the bone.

Apprentice took me to the hospital and they sewed it back on.
    Friday I go back in and get the word on whether that was succesfull. The surgeon was pretty optimistic, though.

So I got to take it easy for the rest of the week and let it heal.
    Next weekend I'm going to Sweden to set boar fence for a week, so I hope it heals fast.

What an absolutely stupid way of getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by stig View Post
    -
    Danger sure lurks in the weirdest places.

Agreed. Heal fast
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

Stig you are a roustabout!
    Winter is coming.

Jim

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Like I said in another thread....we often don't see the demon/danger until it is right in front of us.

Hope you heal well.
    Gary

TreeHouser Sponsor woodworkingboy's Avatar

Finger injuries, oh the throbbing! Get well quick!
    Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the great mystery. ~ Oglala Sioux

Hope you heal quickly, Stig. And hopefully your apprentice will be able to razz you about this for a long time to come.

Today I cut down a split oak tree behind a shopping center (back parking lot). I worked by myself and stacked it up, wood and brush in separate piles. Then I went home, swapped trucks and took my trailer to pick up 4 tons of #57 gravel for my driveway. Came home and spread that, then had to go back to my tree job to meet the grapple truck.

For $400 they will come fill up their 40 yard truck. I can't hire somebody to chip the brush and then haul the wood to the dump for less than that, so it's a very easy option when you have a big mess to clean up. I went to work with him and get the area raked up while he loaded so he could get all the cleanup. Got rained on and just got home. Went through 3 shirts today and I'm about to jump in the shower and put on #4.
    -Brian

TreeHouser Sponsor woodworkingboy's Avatar

Cut down a dead Pine leaning over graves and close to a house, two pullers on it. I don't like wearing rubber boots and seldom needed, so don't usually bring them, but it's helpful to be informed that there is swamp conditions on the property if going there blind. Odd that people don't let you know.
    Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the great mystery. ~ Oglala Sioux

Youch, Stig. I cut off/mulched the end of a finger years ago with a hole saw. That sucker hurt like the dickens for several weeks. Hope you have better luck healing fast than I did.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."