How'd it go today?

Is it really that easy to park the sweeping biz, Justin? People don't go off to another service, and forget your great quality of work?

It's not that easy no, and it certainly won't be good for business. But I feel it's a risk I can take.

Fwiw Justin I think it's a good move.

Thanks.

I mean the main underlying reason is the reason we all work. Money. I didn't wake up the other day and be like, I'm gonna build fences. But when they called and bent my ear about it. It seems the thing to do.

Well after 10+ years of using Photobucket I woke up this morning to an email telling me that they have noticed I have been using my account to host 3rd party images and this is against their new policies 'for my current account level'. I clicked the link to upgrade and they want $399 per year! Looks like I'm finally going to have to move all my images off Photobucket because that is unacceptable.

Here was my little job this morning. Took me an hour taking my time. I could live very well doing 2-3 of these every week.

Attachments

• IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 23
A bit of an odd thing.

Today I get the family safe. My parents are downsizing and so the family safe is coming to my place. Just have to move it is all. A little later this morning hopefully all the stars are aligning so I have enough help to pack this sucker into my truck.

My wife is hating it and calling it a shop item? Maybe I'm a sentimental fool but I want it in our living room. Lol. Regardless, it'll be a nice step up in security for valuables. You don't 'B and E' a place and pack this sucker off to easily. And even if you do it isn't going to be no cakewalk to actually get it open.

IMG_1394.jpg

Well after 10+ years of using Photobucket I woke up this morning to an email telling me that they have noticed I have been using my account to host 3rd party images and this is against their new policies 'for my current account level'. I clicked the link to upgrade and they want $399 per year! Looks like I'm finally going to have to move all my images off Photobucket because that is unacceptable.

So you are going to have all those posts like I search through on forums looking for info on stuff with the pictures all missing now? I hate that!:whine:

Yah it's a cool landscape picture. Ill ask my dad if he knows how old it is. My grandpa bought it atleast back in the 50's I think? No idea if it was new then or what?

If anyone knows anything about old safes or where/how to find info on them at all I'd be curious. A long shot I know as obviously it's of Vancouver, Canada origin. But I've drawn only blanks trying to Google around for some info?

Squish, don't underestimate the difficulty of rotating back to being an employee. It's a bitch. Maybe you are different, but I don't get that vibe from you. I've tried, but it just doesn't work for me. All the things that made me go on my own are still there.

I feel the conversations and meeting have been very positive in regards to the work environment and how I will be treated. I'll be hired as a manager/foreman with the specific intent to not have to micro-manage me. Crew(s) will be answerable to me and obviously I'll be answerable to the owners.

We'll see if/how it goes.

If the crews answer to you, then how much say do you have over the crews? Will you have loose reins to run the crews how you see fit, including the power to hire and fire employees? Or will you just be the messenger to run in between the employees and the real boss?

Not trying to be negative here, just rather you have these answers addressed before signing on.

Generally speaking, that's when it all comes down to leadership.

Back