How'd it go today?

Dave had some truck issues but with any luck he will be here by the time I get dinner ready. I stopped at four different grocery stores on the way home and no one had prosciutto! We were gonna do stuffed pork chops but I hope he will settle for burgers and fresh cut fries. Oh and some of my "good onions" as my kids call them.

Dear lord I hope not! I gotta work in the morning! Dave on the other hand is semi retired, he might.
He just called. He will be here in two minutes

Dave has been here and is intent on making it to his music festival. Good visit even though it was short. Otis is doing good as well, even though he wanted nothing to do with me. Good luck on your trip Dave.

Just got home a little while ago from a 4 day trip out of town. I've been in Eufaula, Alabama helping my dad with his house up there. He's doing some remodeling work and repairs in preparation of selling it. He's 78 and getting too old to get up there like he used to, so he's going to sell it instead of leaving it for the kids to deal with after he's gone.

The best part is that we seem to have gone a long way toward mending our sometimes rocky relationship. I've thoroughly enjoyed the last few days with him.

Forgot all about taking pics until we were ready to leave this morning. The construction work will be done in about 3 more weeks.

Glad you could get some time with him Brian.

I spent the day with my family spreading my sisters ashes and some rose petals.
My dad and I really did not see eye to eye most my growing up. As two dads, it was good to be there for him today. One thing to lose a sister, but she was his little girl.

Thanks, he's not alone and recovery should be swift. He's booked in to have a small tumor cut from his kidney in 2 weeks (by a good surgeon). The survival rate is very high in this situation, its barely stage one, so fortunate that it was picked up early on

Brian: Glad your visit went well with your Dad.:thumbup:

Chris: Hoping the best for yours...

Rich: Great seeing you again. I'd have hung out a bit but the trip was just getting too long with the repair delay and all. Finally made it to the festival at 230am...left home at 10am.

Wrecker: $168...idler pulley and belt: $364...having it happen when a whop was open: priceless...glad it wan't on Sunday on the way home.

Had a good time, but didn't play a whole lot...pretty burned out most of Sat so took it easy and hit the hay early...left for home at first light...7hrs.

Back