How'd it go today?

Nuts. I am sure that I am a shoe-in for the job now.

They did ask if I was a volunteer though......Why yes! Glad you asked!

Turns out I am a Captain on the Chinook Vol. Fire Department and an EMT with the Blaine County Ambulance service.

I guess we will see if they think that is a reason for excuse.

The last few days I've been trying to get my yearly tree trimming done .The mosquitoes in the woods are brutal so it's my tree lined 500 foot driveway .Three pin oaks in the mix and how I hate them .The most miserable tree I've ever seen for handling the brush .My arms look like I got in a fight with a half dozen Tom cats .The cats won .

Just got home. Kids are inching towards bed......might take a boot to get them the extra half inch.

We went up to the folks place for dinner. I cooked steaks and hot dogs. Mom baked potatoes and made some sour cream with onions and cheese in it.

Also a loaf of French bread sliced up with butter warmed in the oven. Oh, and homemade blue cheese dressing on a green salad.

Wife cooked a scratch angle food cake for Mom and a scratch chocolate cake for Dad.

Why am I posting this here you might wonder? Well, it was a party.

Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary. Actually it was yesterday, but the party was today.

Just the five of us and my folks. I think they had a good time.

Spent a half day digging potatoes, two varieties. My friend is a grower in the primo agricultural area about forty minutes away. The soil is deep and rich, some of the best in the country for growing watermelons and deep root crops. He gets burned out digging them for his purposes and tells his friends to have at it. I can get six huge sacks of potatoes in only a a fifteen or twenty foot two rows area. I share what I dig up with friends, but there are zillions left behind to remain in the soil. I might go back again, but I don't really need any more potatoes. I get to thinking of them just sitting there, lots of big ones too....makes me greedy. Got to dry them a bit now so they keep. I loves me some potatoes.

Wow, a typhoon is coming right up the alley to our place, no veering left or right when still down south as is the norm. The cops are giving out warnings through the loudspeakers in town, I've never seen that before. Generally they only use the PA system when someone is missing or a bear has come down. It's been raining solid all night. Could be a mandatory day off.

Isn't it crazy you're in Japan, I'm on east coast of usa, and we are chatting, easy as pie. Just struck me as kinda crazy.

Well it's pouring here now, but no scary storms on the horizon. Hope it is much ado about nothing re your storm.

Thanks. Careful what you wish for, I guess. I've often begrudged the fact that typhoons always missing our area is of no benefit in getting tree work.

Back