O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I like the honkin' big bumper. It's a nice platform that can turn into anything you like. Once I was done pissing myself off by beating my legs on it, I think I could get a lot of use out of it. The winch is icing on the cake.

Just so you know @Patrick A, that's an aspirational rig for me. Some poor life choices led me to selling my TopKick dump truck years ago. Lesson learned, never piss away an asset.

Speaking of, remember the difference between an asset and a liability. Assets make you money, liabilities cost you that money.

I may be preaching to the choir, whilst simultaneously whipping a dead horse, but sometimes a well placed reminder makes all the difference.

Climb High and Be Safe.

Nice pic. What grapple do you have for it? oh, probably the vermeer one that it comes with, doh

It’s got my old bmg grapple till the new bmg grapple comes in. I still prefer it over the Vermeer grapple. I like some features of it but the ease of the bmg trumps those

Finally! I got the Comfort Back Padding that Teufelberger makes from Arbsession (because they are the only people who I found that carried it) because it was on back order. Kind of a frustrating experience with Arbsession (first time ordering from there, too), who didn't even realize that they were out of stock for this item until I called wondering why my order hadn't shipped. They should have de-listed the item from their store. Took around four plus months to finally get the item.

Anyways, I have the Comfort back padding and installed it onto my Treemotion Essential, which didn't come with very much padding at all, and now it's so much more comfortable. It's 4x more padded than it was, in the back and sides and, better yet, it wraps around the front of my stomach, so that I don't have to struggle with the waist band digging into my stomach and pinching me and whatever else, which didn't happen terribly often, but it happened enough for it to annoy me.

The Comfort back padding simply Velcros onto the harness and has some velcro around the front part to keep the wasit strap in place and to keep it closed. It's very nicely made and now I have a uniquely colored green trim around the tops and bottom of my harness. It was $50 and worth every penny. I can't recommend it enough.

Lastly, I bought a 240cm Dyneema sling awhile back, which was coincidentally also on back order, so it was nice to get stuff I had almost forgotten about and where I paid for it so long ago that it was like getting presents from myself, completely regret free haha The sling is for creating redirects and anchors. It's rated for 23kN, and much more light weight and thinner than nylon or polyester.

PXL_20240327_195731408~2.jpg PXL_20240327_200421116.jpg

wow, that is a long sling. almost usable for a baseanchor :)
It is quite long. They're great for normal stuff - but when you need more strength - and you'll have a ton of strength by quadrupling the 240cm for a 60cm application with a 92kN strength, or doubling for a 120cm application with a 46kN strength, or whenever you need to extend a system, like for hauling or pulling, or for creating redundant anchors, such as the Sliding X, which is useful for alpine climbing and rock climbing/rappelling/canyoning. I mostly use it for tree related stuff, but also for alpine climbing. Useful for snow anchors, bolts, ice anchors, and crevasse rescue/mechanical advantage.

Base anchor is a great way to use it for sure!

Back