O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I gave junior some ear muffs today when we got back to the shop.

I told him he had to wear chaps in the tree... even though I believe it's not required in the tree only ground personnel.

I told him he needs to get some saw pants... I give him some gear and make him buy some...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The 150 isn't loud at all. I never wear ear muffs with it. I'll put them on if Ron is running the chipper though.
And no... the saw is incredibly light and quiet.. even though I just enjoy earplugs... loud noises irritate me like bright lights...

I don't buy from sherrill

Bright lights put me in a rage. I really have to control myself as road rage carries some serious penalties. I wish I had been sound sensitive from a young age like I am with light.

I bought one recently too Deva - nice little machine :) I ported the muffler & put some nice dogs from an ms200t on it. Transformed it.
I'm going to check these out...definitely the porting.

I was cutting a piece of wood and the chain just stopped... I laughed... little guy. Had to let up a bit and let that tiny cute chain do it's thing.

Hard not to one hand it.

Deva, the mufflers are retarded easy on these. Remove the side cover, then use a T27 to remove the screw holding the deflector on the muffler. Take a large flat screwdriver and shove it into the exhaust outlet and wiggle it around a little. Replace the deflector (without the screen). Replace side cover and run the saw.

Talking about bright lights

When the doctor dilated my eyes and looked inside, it was pure torture. The light was like a laser burning my eyes. I had this done about 15 years ago, and it was uncomfortable, but NOTHING like this.

I had to back away at least 5 times and I think I was pissing him off. He said 1 in 200 have this reaction and they'd have to knock me out for my surgery.

Sounds friggin' good to me! :X

I told him he had to wear chaps in the tree... even though I believe it's not required in the tree only ground personnel.
Yes it is, the knees come often enough in a "sensitive" area for adequate positioning. Not with the spurs of course, but on ropes.

I can't open the deflector on my ms150 because it's spot welded on the muffler. Instead, I cut a slit on the muffler's bottom angle.
I was cutting a piece of wood and the chain just stopped... I laughed... little guy. Had to let up a bit and let that tiny cute chain do it's thing.

Hard not to one hand it.
Don't judge the ms150 too quick, she's really shy when new. Feed her with some gas, and you will find that after about 10 tanks, she begins to trust more in you and desires to do good job for you:D

Yes for the one handed, too easy. But careful, her teeth could be small, they can bite pretty well. Like a kitten. I tested both :cry:

Deva, port that thing a bit.
It makes such a difference.

When I did the ETW/ISA certification in Germany, the censor offered me his 150 to use in the tree.
When I told him I had one, he asked: " Do you know you have to open the muffler"?

Not sure if it's gear, bit here is my "new" truck. 68 F-250, bit Rusty in the cab but damn sexy to me!
66c0c83d9a19583080f08b8ab16390b8.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

A rattle can or two will give it an all-white, 30' paint job.

Two of my trucks are old, and chipper is ancient, but look decent. Any color of white blends more than Rust on white, even white on rust (going to need prep work if it to get a real paint job, anyway).

Sean, do you have your own show going?

Put it to work!!

Forget the spray paint....save the spray paint for when they TAG your truck.

It takes a long time to develop that patina...that truck is bad boy all day long.

Back