O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Thanks guys! The short wheelbase is going to pretty nice! I can't wait to get it painted the pale yellow in my opinion is kind of ugly. But it's ready to go to work tomorrow.

I'm with Stig, and these other guys...that rig just right.

Though something that reaches about 85 feet would be nice, too :|:

Alcoas look sweet on a boom truck. Usually will have to change the studs to fit on a med duty if it came factory with steel.

Thanks everyone! We are painting the cab white and the turret, bed, and boom our company green. It will hopefully look nice. I'm pretty sure I have a line on an almost new set of alcoas as well. If they don't work out I'll probably paint the wheels white.

Save the steelies for winters and Alcoas for summers!

I ran alcoas year round here and the roads are treated with all sorts of chemicals and never had an issue but it makes sense to me that you could as I've had all sorts of grief with 'mags' on lighter trucks from winter corrosion.

If anyone is in the market for new ccordless power tools, check out the Milwaukee M18 Fuel brushless stuff. I've been researching this stuff lately, and Milwaukee is really out in front of the pack. I already had a bunch of standard M18 tools, and just bought a 1/2" Fuel impact driver. Really impressive. I'll be getting all the usual carpenters tools, just without the cords. Battery technology has come so far that circle saws and sawzalls have as much or more power than corded models with impressive run times. The circ saw will cut up to 250 2x4s on a charge.

Yep. I have a couple of their highest torque 1/2" impacts, a 1/4" impact (100ftlbs torque like the 3/8"), grease gun, and angle grinder... all are great. I use the angle grinder to sharpen the blades on my mower/mulcher (23lb, 3/4" thick blades).

Too bad all those cordless cutters are so excellent for breaking into tree trucks.

Jim, the new Fuel tools from Milwaukee are way ahead of the old ni-cad stuff. I have a 20 year old DeWalt 18v drill. It was good back then, but is outdated now. Brushless is the way to go for best battery life.

Jim, my dad has new 18v (NiCd or NiMh, not sure which) dewalt, and they work almost as well as my 20v (LIon) but the LIon packs last almost forever, don't really loose charge from sitting, and the brushless versions are being rolled out. I got the brushless impact and I am waiting for dewalt to convert the circ saw to brushless. If I did not already have 2 dewalt 20v tools, I would go with Milwaukee as much more of their line, if not the entire line, is available in brushless. You get longer run time out of the brushless motors.
The longevity of the battery packs is where the Lithium stuff really shines, the older cordless tools always needed battery replacements which is why my Father-in-law would never buy one. Also if you didn't use one for a while, you had to charge it again BEFORE you started your project. After using my 20v drill, he got the drill/impact combo on black friday.

Back