O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Over load the truck maybe but not the trailer, 24k worth of axles is alot of tree debris. Nice rig, CDL is easy, paper work that comes with CDL rigs.... not so much

Yep, not worried about overloading the trailer, I had it built as heavy duty as possible because trees are heavy SOB's. I'm worried about the truck. Once we make it through winter, we're truck shopping this spring for a nice short wheel base 550 or something similar in size class.

Adrian, Im sure you know what you are doing but flying under the radar may not be a good option on this one. Check into it but it could be a year loss of license for that one...........

Thanks for the heads up Paul. We made it home safe and sound, no tickets or stops. Driving all night helped, as most weigh stations were closed. But now that its back in KY, it'll mostly stay at a friends farm until I get my CDL. I'm calling tomorrow to see what the hold up is on the paperwork. Mainly we flew under the rader driving the trailer back from MN and now that its back, it'll stay put for the most part. Shouldn't take me too long to get my CDL once the paperwork gets in.

Overloading the trailer won't be as hard as you think. My trailer is 2' shorter and last month I had a load (pine tree)) that put 24k lbs on my axles. The load was hauled over the road, so it was trimmed up/didn't overhang the trailer. Obviously it's easy to go over hauling dirt, concrete, etc, or on tree loads that hang over (up to 12' or so out the rear and another 8' over the neck.

That is one heck of a trailer, Adrian.
Now I see why you called mine a baby trailer.

But thenyou probably know about everything being smaller in Europe, even our girls are only ½ the size of American ones:lol:

I'll second what Chris said. I have a lot of respect for you.
It wasn't just because of your pretty blue eyes that I invited you over.

Adrian is a driven , hard working man. I've worked along side him a couple of times now and I know that his future is bright. I'm proud of you bro, me and you have almost the same footprints in life so far. Keep up the good work and you won't regret it. Learn the paperwork end as soon as possible, I learned it years ago, but never wanted to mess with it. Now I can't avoid it any more, t is slacking on it, so I swapped my bud schedule with him for paperwork instead. That trailer will be fine, even if you put more than 24k on it the truck and trailer will be fine. Our 20' gooseneck with 5' dove tail probably weighs 7k empty, kubota is close to 9,500 wet, and the Carlton is over 6k, plus a 100 gallon off road tank on that truck, tool boxes, tools, ice chest, saw gas etc. All things considered, congrats on stepping up in life and leading instead of just "making it"

My mom said the poor FedEx guy could barely move the box. I bet he would have been upset to know it had wheels!

4ybegaqa.jpg

Nice lookin' hand cart Nick, I bet that saves a lot of wear and tear on your back. ;)
Looks like you've got it loaded up with Black Locust(?). Was it just a pruning job?

I'm curious how it works with those awkward limbs. I've really only seen it loaded with a bunch of straight limbs like fir or beech that had been cut way down.

Because I don't like it. I can drag a bigger pile than that with one hand, plus I wouldn't want to pack it around from job to job.

To each their own.

I think that was Nicks preliminary load. I have seen some vids that were impressive.
I will stick with my Boxer.

Yea, I've seen that thing do some pretty impressive loads. Nick was just trying his out on a little pruning job, no doubt he'll throw up some pics in a few weeks of that thing loaded down.

You likey? :D

So far, I sure do. We took turns carting eachother around the lot, holding it with 2 fingers!

I'm curious how it works with those awkward limbs. I've really only seen it loaded with a bunch of straight limbs like fir or beech that had been cut way down.

It worked fine, there was drag for sure but the wheels made it easier and the handle is much more ergonomic than grabbing a limb. I probly wouldnt use it for such a small job though, but if the drag was longer, for sure.

They'll never get my money for that contraption.

Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 9.54.46 PM.png

I think that was Nicks preliminary load. I have seen some vids that were impressive.
I will stick with my Boxer.

I couldnt afford a boxer!

Yea, I've seen that thing do some pretty impressive loads. Nick was just trying his out on a little pruning job, no doubt he'll throw up some pics in a few weeks of that thing loaded down.

Yes sir, expect a full ball cart/arb trolley comparison.

I can see his pic. You mentioned another picture not working for you tonight. Maybe your computer needs a Tylenol?

Back