O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

But girls are lucky for sure!

My new to me raptor. Divorce sale, unfortunately for them. Cost me less than one of Paul's. Hope to make a buck or two on it and have some fun too. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375924374.172374.jpg

I once had a 66 cutlas convertable with a 362 stroker, I was driving it home from buying it and pulled out to overtake a car doing 55 and floored it, went sideways instantly.... Decided it wasnt a good vehicle to be drinking in....

I had a brand new quad about 10 years ago. Less than a week old sucked back 3 or 4 beers and went for a cruise. I got off lucky only got minor injuries to myself but spent about 5g that ride in damage to the instantly not so new machine. I don't cruise with booze in me on anything now. Anyone that does is only fooling themselves not any of the laws of physics.

Shoot we were all young once. I havent driven drunk in years but Im sure the overwhelming majority of us have at one time. I cannt even imagine the repercusions to my life now.....

I'm not exactly sure at what point you are "drunk". If you live in a local whee the alcoholic content of beer is higher, it becomes easier to do. I don't think that the official word on the street applies, pretty much if you are driving now, all you have to do is sniff a beer and the cops will nail you.

I drove drunk when I was 20 and spent 4.5 months in jail over it. No injuries, no collision, no prior record......

I gave up drunk driving.

I drink and drive, keep
It under 5 beers and I'm good. But the damn MADD is trying to
Make a 1 beer limit in Louisiana which will stop that. And yes, I know it's dumb. I don't wear a seatbelt either. Dads brother died driving drunk.

I think it is just one of those things. Even knowing that your freedom is being compromised if they want to hassle you for having something to drink hours earlier, you just have to suck it up and go with the rule of the day when it comes to drinking and driving.. Either that or become president. One beer doesn't seem too bad all in all, realizing that people are humans and compared to some other places where like an angry woman they say, "Zero level of tolerance"! I tell you that drinking and riding a bike makes for no longer drinking and getting behind the wheel, I mean knowing that there is still an option. I went into the local police box and actually asked them if I could drink and ride my bike, needing it from the horse's mouth after having heard vastly conflicting views on the subject. It was like they had never been asked that question before. I think they wondered if I had been drinking at the time. They eventually said i could as long as I don't hurt anyone or anything, and if they observe the bike handling skills to be overly compromised, they would issue a warning. Two or three warnings leads to a citation. It's like soccer, just don't get the red card.

Back