O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I bet I average a new windshield every 3 years or so, between the Forester and the Tundra. Been lucky with the Jag, so far :).

Reminds me of when I was a kid. I lived next door to my two cousins and I'll never forget my one cousin hurtling a rock at the other. Right through their car back window. Sorry guys, time for me to go home!

We use to have bottle rocket fights, dirt ball fights, bb gun fights, snow ball fights, and use to hunt one another with blowguns in the woods. No rock fight tho I guess there weren't any around. :(
It was me and my two brothers, the neighbor kid, and the other neighbor with two sons. Oh the memories! In the drought of 88' we were shooting smoke bombs out of wrist rockets and set each others yards (grass) on fire, yeah that didn't go over so well with the folks.

We use to have bottle rocket fights, dirt ball fights, bb gun fights, snow ball fights, and use to hunt one another with blowguns in the woods. No rock fight tho I guess there weren't any around. :(
It was me and my two brothers, the neighbor kid, and the other neighbor with two sons. Oh the memories! In the drought of 88' we were shooting smoke bombs out of wrist rockets and set each others yards (grass) on fire, yeah that didn't go over so well with the folks.
Haha. We used to shoot the shit out of each other as kids.... develops reflexes...

We also used butter butter cookie filling and wrist rockets... catch one of those in the forehead....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was a sniper with a B.B. gun. I shot my nieghbor( still good friends) in the trigger finger to many times to count. Mom was beyond mad when she went to the freezer and found a dozen or so squirrels that we got. Prolly the worst thing we did was wait until closing time at the local bar and shoot the drunks as they stumbled out. Stupid as hell thinking about it but I learned how to run and hide real well

Lol. Good to see mayhem runs rampant everywhere! Rocks were just what was handy that day. I used to love building matchheead bombs and blowing stuff up. I did light the bank on fire above our house once. Fire department and everything had to come out. Lol. The bank below our house overlooked the highway and there were lots of big ponderosa around. Not hard to add up the math there. Yes we ran from more than one motorist after assaulting their vehicle with pinecones.

Man what I wouldn't give to be a kid again!

Picked up my new trailer today. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 51
Here, there is an Independent Third Party tester. He will bring his (easy to drive, but Class A CDL compatible) for a few hundo rental fee.

This is a prime opportunity for me to tell how I got a motorcycle license in California.

You had to bring your own motorcycle for the test ( To me, that is ridiculous, since that means you have to ride it in, while not having a license...........never mind)
I'd brought my 1938 Nimbus to California, so I tested on that.
The lady who was censoring me ( Or whatever it is called) took one look and said " Now, what the hell is that?".

So I told her, upon which she ran in and in a moment the whole personell and all the clients of the DMV were standing outside, looking at this crazy Danish guy, trying to do the test on a 50 year old bike.

I passed, no problem.

It is one of my fond memories of trying to make a life for myself in California.

BTW, this is my motorcycle.
I sold it to a Danish guy in Malibu beach, he is a member of the American Nimbus club, so 20 years later I found the bike on their home page.

Nimbus-1938-Bender-1-R-Side-NZM.jpg

I just realized that the picture was posted by a New Zealand organization.
Apparently my old bike is now in N.Z.

I wrote them and told them I'd owned the bike from 1974 and had a lot of information about previous owners.
Be interesting to see if they get back to me.

Back