O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

It has the 540 tires on it but yes it'll fit. Not with the bucket on the ground though

Grapple and forks on the way. They are in Portland, due in Monday but could possible deliver tomorrow from there!

Thanks, can't wait for the grapples to show. I found out today it fits in the dump trailer with the bucket fully curled and the doors snug against it

I'll probably carry the bucket on the flat bed when it's going to be needed. Should fit easily with grapples and the forks I'll mount a bracket under the trailer

I tried something different last time I loaded...Chained bucket under grapple, drove on trailer, set the bucket down mostly in position, and shimmy'ed by hand, then put the grapple on top of the bucket. Bucket is loaded in the opposite direction to how it would mount, so my tracks could drive into the bucket a little.

FWIW. a different machine.

Sean with my mini skid if I'm bringing the bucket I just grab it with the grapple and load the machine basically as usual.

Justin, do you bite the bucket with the grapple? I had chain grab hooks welded for picking the bucket up, and pulling via chain.

I have a little flatbed trailer with ramps. It just fits this way (bucket backwards, and drive into it, grapple on top of bucket). I have no extra room. Goes behind my pick-up. Otherwise, I wrestle the bucket up behind/ around the operator's platform, but am not a huge fan of bucket wrestling when levers do it so much easier. Mostly, I could use a dump trailer.

Otherwise, the mini goes the chip box of the dump truck, which has more room.

I read quickly, and through maybe Willie didn't have room for both in the trailer, as he said it would go on another truck.

Never tried grabbing the bucket.

I figured you figured your system out well. Sometimes, when things are busy, and sleep may not be plentiful, options can get overlooked, therefore, my anecdote, and the "fwiw".:)

ah, not around the whole thing, and in a way that won't damage the expanded metal see-through screen above the mounting area.

Yep, nothing to crush that way. Sometimes it slips to one side but won't go past the mounting plate edges

I grab my bucket usually around the whole thing and my grapple holds it. Sometimes I pinch it on one part but you have to be careful with that, I bent my grapple a bit once doing it a little to hard.

Back