O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

You've already done the right thing. Consulted Carl.

I don't know. Can't you just write down your intentions for whatever you have, date it, witness and leave it with someone you trust?

Myself I've got the full meal deal. Lawyer will.

I've gone that route because of my daughter. Set up our intentions before she was born to cover all circumstances.

Trust me, if I had a family I would have a will.

It's just me. No family, no kin, no SO, de nada.

I don't need a will.

That's what I mean. Can't you just write it on a piece of paper, like in the movies? Toss me in a whole, give my stuff to X, and give The Treehouse to Carl. Easy peasy.

Cool that Carl is getting it. Last I heard, if memory serves, wasn't there some English guy (who doesn't log on much) going to take it over if need be. He seemed a right twit so this is much better

Transferring ownership of the TreeHouse is definitely not easy peasy. The forum software is registered to me as well as the server.

I'd consider a living trust, you'd likely want to put the ownership in the trust with yourself as trustee and Carl. Easiest way to do the password thing is either give it to him now to sit on I'd say. If you do nothing but a will it could take a year or more depending on the government and the policy of the forum host. By then, your legacy will likely be dead. If it matters to you then taking steps now (that you can change at any time) will take the lag out of it and give it the best chance of continuing. My 2 pennies

Maybe MB could give Carl a simple power of attorney over his internet site. With a simple POA you can restrict it to something specific, it's not the more encompassing power of attorney over all of your affairs. I don't know if giving the authority over a site is possible with a POA. It isn't just for after death, people who are senile or whatnot and can no longer handle thor own affairs, a POA is often given to a family member or another trusted person.

Got the Mek plumbed to run the trailer's air brakes and the electrical connector switched to the correct connector... tomorrow is the maiden for profit voyage! I've gotta size the reservoir and I'll be adding a power pack to the trailer to handle dumping it and supplying power to charge the battery that will run the strobes.

2017-05-08 20.02.45.jpg

:lol: He really does need about 15 of us hanging around a few days on his jobs...making sure we approve how he does everything.

Back