O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I'm liking that image. If this is you, I'm there....

8350506-cute-female-apprentice-pointing-at-clipboard.jpg

Looking good Carl. Have you scaled the truck with the trailer? If the trailer is loaded, will the rear axles still be under? With the mats there and all that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Cool that Carl is getting it. Last I heard, if memory serves, wasn't there some English guy (who doesn't log on much) going to take it over if need be. He seemed a right twit so this is much better

Took me 4 days to remember the guy's name- Steve Bullman. MB, where you previously planning to give TH to him?

Looking good Carl. Have you scaled the truck with the trailer? If the trailer is loaded, will the rear axles still be under? With the mats there and all that.

You have me nervous so I just went outside and checked.... the axles are indeed still under there!

You have me nervous so I just went outside and checked.... the axles are indeed still under there!
Funny guy. I meant, will the axles still be under weight or still with in their limits. It looks like a lot of weight sitting on the rear end.

Funny guy. I meant, will the axles still be under weight or still with in their limits. It looks like a lot of weight sitting on the rear end.

One of those rear Mount grapples I got numbers on a few years back had a 60 or 70 yard box. But only about 4k pound payload to be legal here. We got chewed on a couple years ago for being 200 pounds heavy on the front axle but having several thousand pounds of room on the rear. We'd get nailed to the wall with one of those big trucks

Yah up here they are strict on the tale of the scale too. I got fined for 73% axle weight when spring restrictions (70%axle weight max) were on in my bucket truck, but only once.

All you guys who gripe about things like that, need to take a drive in Eastern Europe, Africa, South America or the far East where stuff like that isn't regulated ( Or they just piss on the regulations).
Might sober you up a bit.

I hitchhiked through the former yugoslavia a couple of times back in those days.
Truck drivers has a bunch of $20 bill handy for those times when we got pulled over and the police checked his resting time.

" Carry on, sir!"

Paying off the cops like that is like Chicago in the 30s and 40s. My gramps was from there and used to keep a fiver in the back if his license holder. He showed me when I was a kid. He wasn't a very good driver. Later he bemoaned the fact that it didn't work any longer, traffic cops had been corrupted. :lol:

traffic cops had been corrupted.

:lol:

Back in the 30's my great uncle Lynn used to keep a chain in a box on the back of his motorcycle. He was some kind of bad guy at times. When the cops got after him he would throw the chain out behind and drag it on the dirt road to set up a smoke screen to help with his getaway...so the family story goes.:D

Back