O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Good luck with the new gear, Fred. A machine like that must make a boring job less so, or maybe more boring done in a day.

Ive been wanting to try out that grinder wheel, let us know how you like it.

That should be the revolution wheel. A buddy of mine owns a 7015 with the revolution and a 7500 with Greenteeth. Having run both for awhille, he prefers the Greenteeth to the Revolution. More aggressive, and 3 sides to a tooth. We just put greenteeth on our vermeer 502 and man, it totally changed that machine. I'm actually kind of impressed with it now. Huge Greenteeth believer now after our experience and hearing from a few friends.

Cool man, if its cool I might have to stop in this winter! I'm trying to go and visit a few companies around OH and IL this winter, if I'm close and welcome I'll definitely try to swing by!

Yeah that would be cool, you are more than welcome to stop by any time!

Even though that's a sweet unit and I'd love to have it myself as I do grind stumps occasionally

Stumpgrinding sucks.

Someday I would like what Stehansen had. Nice tow behind... Or something for the mini.. either way... the mini will place it.
It will never earn it's keep. It i a cold blue moon when I am even asked. I have referred people to both Stehansen and two local guys. No buyers.
I would probably have a better investment in an excavator for stump removal.. But the option would be nice..

You are exactly right Rajan! Stump grinding can be mind numbing, the faster it is over with the better. That was the nice thing about the big tow behind, even the biggest stumps only took 15 minutes. The machine only had 395 hours on it in 19 years.

I've actually never minded stump grinding. With a small machine it does suck big time, but running anything above 40hp or, I don't mind. Pop some headphones in, turn on some good music and I'm good to go for a day of grinding.

Same here hence the handle flushcut. Sense buying a bigger stumper I really like grinding stumps. I just need to figure out how to mount an umbrella and I am golden, or not because I'm in the shade. lol

Nice, Fred!!

Next week I should be trading in and receive my new machine to take pictures of. :cool:

Today was the day!
IMG_2620.jpg
IMG_2621.jpg
IMG_2619.jpg

Dad on the left, the truck driver on the right.
IMG_2622.jpg

The aluminum ramps were already in the trailer, I loaded it my usual way. Tight fit with the ramps taking up 16"!
IMG_2623.jpg

Little girl in the bucket!
IMG_2626.jpg

Picking up the back of the F550 at full reach!
IMG_2632.jpg

Back