O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Finally broke down and bought a log dolly, got a new Notch. Beefier than the Stein Arb trolly i think. put it to work tomorrow. odd to find i could get one locally for about a bill less than online and shipped to home.

This is a new approach for high capacity wood moving....

IMG_0669.jpg

21K gvw weighs in at 4500 lbs so can carry 16,500 of logs, way more than my big trucks.

I'm looking at a 12 acre property, I might try talking to the local county people and see if they would allow me to build a green house that I would heat with a wood incinerator. If I can get it in writing that I can build an incinerator who knows how long it will take to build the green house.......

I have a huge fan and a 40 yard dumpster but haven't had time to mess with it. Having two businesses gets really old sometimes. Cannot do good at either. I'm thinking of getting rid of one of them and trees really makes the money....

The oil/gas cannister that I have used and loved for 30 years is gone for good.

The oil cannister part used to wear through in the bottom, from riding in the truck, so every 5 years or so, we'd get a new one and attach it to the gas part.
Those last forever, unless one hits them with a tree. ( Been there, done that).
Today my dealer told me that they are a thing of the past.

So I bought the new issue and already like it a lot, even though I haven't used it yet apart from filling it up.

They put a see-through stripe in the end, so one can actually gauge when it is full, instead of using my old method of knowing it is full when alkylate fuel sloshes on my feet.

( Got to think about the amount of expensive fuel I've lost that way. When logging I fill 5-6 cannisters a day, that adds up to so much lost gas, I could have gone to California for the money that went down the drain.....................F...!)

Just to calm any greenies out there, we are required to keep fuel and oil on a spill retarding pallet, no fuel actually "went down the drain":)

Anyway, this new one has a place to keep files, and a rachet to keep them from falling out.
A clip to retain the scrench and a mini tool box with room for the raker gauge, lil' screw driver for those who don't run computerized saws and a stump vice.

No room for the glasses that I need to sharpen a saw these days, but then I can't blame Jonsered for not doing that special bit for the old peeps ( Is this where I toss the " snowflake" card?)

Nice to see a well thought throug update of a classic that has been part of my life for about forever.

P1050657.JPG P1050658.JPG P1050659.JPG

Yup, oil and gas containers are important and appreciated.

I didn't capiche the 'snowflake' reference?

Nice, but I see a problem to go through the brushy areas : the file's handle will catch all the twigs, wines, brambles and eventually broke the case or the file.

Glad you're liking it Stig. How do you get fuel to flow on that jug? All of our early model spouts here were a nightmare because the spring was too heavy around the spout and plastic sliding on plastic had too much friction.

I think Stihl has that set up for sale in the USA.

Yup, oil and gas containers are important and appreciated.

I didn't capiche the 'snowflake' reference?

My work mates constantly tease me because I can't see without glasses and hear without my hearing aid.......ageism at it's worst.

Now Jonsered makes a gas container with no room for glasses.

More ageism!

I should probably sue them.

I could, of course, fit a pair of "Thinoptics" in the tool box.
That may be the wat to go.

Back