O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Deva, I should get a picture of the bollard on my Wraptor. I believe it is at least an 09 demo model. I believe I got to fly it at the WCGTG. Have to belay the rope now like adding weight to an SRT line. It will run up 9/16-5/8ths fine. It's on it's third clutch spring set and second set of clutches. 2nd fuel tank and clutch housing from a 60 foot fall. 2nd on off switch. 3rd set of fuel lines, filters and primer.
Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
Nice score buddy. :thumbup:

I'd bet few Wraptors have seen the day in and out use yours has, Stephen...maybe except for Paul's 1st gen developmental model :D.

It has 111607 stamped on the side.

Wow, Stephen... that's an incredible use. How many miles?

It's amazing how rebuildable it is too...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I ordered some more of that wonderful RQ3 figure 8 that Burnham turned me on to.
They do wear out and since shipping is about the same, whether it is one or three items in that weight class, I figured I might as well get one for each of the crew.View attachment 32301

I've been trying to dig through Burnham's old posts to locate the one in which he recommened this item. I found one of his posts that contained an old link to this product, plus a link to this post by Stig. I really appreciate the fact that Stig chose to post this photo of the item, because now I know what to look for. Surfing on the website on my handheld has me digging through too many pages to try to find it, so I might try again later on my laptop.

I appreciate the great review you did here, Stig, and the help from Burnham in finding this post in the first place. I think the original link to the product in Burnham's post might be a dead link at this point in time, but I was able to find the basic address of the website from the notice I got.

Thanks again for this information, Burnham and Stig.

Tim

Place where I buy them is this:

ttps://rescuesource.com/shop/hardware/ascending-descending-devices/rescue-q-eight/

Glad to be of help, Tim.

Agreed, Burnham.

Never come across anything that can match it, except the Petzl Piranha.
But like Jerry said, One good rappel from a Redwood on a dirty rope, and those are worn through.

RQ3s last a lot longer.

I'll have to order some new ones, though.
They do wear out eventually.

1BD19A90-1B95-4D8F-BC33-DE54C51E42FA.jpg
One of the guys at work bought a few of these and handed me one to demo. He?s stuck on clearance pruning for a while so he won?t have a use for them. He?s a lot like me. The boss supplies gear, but we bring a lot of extras to make our lives easier. Also one can never own to many blocks. I haven?t held this and the isc mini at the same time but I think it?s a bit lighter and rated higher. Could be wrong though. Looking forward to tomorrow

74A4E7FB-3D98-44FE-8C31-CB90CA274F9D.jpg
Also was sent this piece of eye candy. Our mech sent it to me with ?How do you like my new service truck?? It?s a demo but they will probably buy it since our SC60TRX is worn out with only 1037 hours. The Rayco is a superior machine but I?m just irritated about it. I still think it?s to small for the amount we do. That sc 60 is less than 2 years old and beat to death. They buy brand new chippers and grinders and pick ups but our newest bucket is 12 years old

Sweet grinder Rich, 1000 hrs for a bigger grinder doesn’t seem a lot, do they run it on blunt teeth? Greasing schedule?

What’s gone on the vermeer? Bushes/bearings?

I don't really need another small block but those are darn cute!
Rich I would think you guys would be running a huge steel track 200+hp grinder.

They just beat the hell out of it Mick. A couple of turbos and sets of injectors have gone in it.
And yes we should have some big monster grinder

Back