O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Specs say it's an oz or two lighter than Stihl..... I can tell it's heavier than our 192's but we also run 12" bars on our 192's and on my Tanaka.

After months of waiting on Vermeer to fix a computer glitch we finally got our new grinder. Going out on Sunday to test it out. I'm pretty excited, but after waiting for so long I'm just glad to be getting back to normal.

03c118ddb54bb85f2cb7f1c01dde65be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't know that the police will like that in the air, either. Booms often have to be tied down on other equipment. Might be viewed similarly.

Thanks for the pointers.... I assumed it would be harder on the machine to put the cutter wheel down. I'll drop it down from now on.

I'm of the opinion it doesn't matter in the slightest. Sean is right, booms and attachments are supposed to be tied down separately, but I've never heard of anyone tying down a grapple on a mini, or the boom on the grinder separately.

After thinking about it more I think it probably wouldn't matter either. You can't release the pressure from this machine like you could with our old 252. So if the cutter wheel is up or down, there's still going to be the same amount of pressure in the system.

It wouldn't be the case of pressure in the system it's more for when you are transporting it and the movement up and down would force the head to move as well. It was recommended to me by vermeer UK that it should always be transported wheel down when we picked up our new one before Christmas. Just passing on the advice I got

D you mean the engine has to be running to lower the cutting wheel. Yes. Nothing works without the engine running

I think you would be ok if it has a lock pin to keep the wheel from sagging down. If not leaving it up during transport puts extra strain on the hydraulic system. DOT is another story. They seem to change laws on transporting equipment quite often.

Back