O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

My rad on my ramrod is at the back, in front of your legs when standing on it and I've still punctured it once with limbs coming through from the front. I tend to run it quite agressively though.

Some new gear today thanks Treestuff
3esa4y9u.jpg
evyre8y9.jpg

Great gear! That Big Shot is nice but I am REALLY liking my APTA...used it again today on a job. Threaded some real tight crotches in several trees. I have learned that each bike pump equals about 3 psi...and each psi equals about 1.5 feet...learning to not overshoot the target too much.

I think it has huge potential...the accuracy can be very good. Some of the old timers that saw mine in operation yesterday were like Jed Clampett, saying, "Wee doggie!!!"

Mark my words...

The APTA will put the BS outta buisness...

Ok so I see the appeal, however, it appears to me that the movement involved in releasing the APTA valve could result in a loss of accuracy and accuracy is the big deal here, right.
I use a BS with an archery trigger that cost £12 and there is absolutely no shaking upon firing because the trigger requires a tiny amount of pressure from my index finger. My BS and trigger is also quicker and easier to set up with less things to go wrong.

Having said that, the APTA is pretty cool!

A couple weeks ago I bought a 200' 7/8" Husky rope, 1" CMI block, 15' and 30' 7/8" rope for slings, and a Metolius Quarter Dome Haul Bag to put it all in. I bought it for heavy tree pulls with the excavator/track loader... turned out I didn't need it on the job I bought it for, pushed it over with the track loader instead.
IMG_7921.jpg

Today I got these in, 1/4" and 1/2" cordless impact wrenches. The 1/2" is supposed to do 700ft/lbs in forward and 1100ft/lbs in reverse, the 1/4" tops out at 100ft/lbs. It didn't have much trouble loosening the 1 1/16" lug nuts on the flatbed gooseneck.
IMG_7822.jpg

Another something we've done is cut 3x16' chains into 8x2', 8x3', and 2x4'. They have a grab hook on one end and a slip hook on the other. It makes it way easier to bind down the equipment rather than using a 16' chain on each corner. Easier=more likely to happen. I also bought D rings to weld onto the excavator and track loader, similar to the stump grinder to make them easier to tie down as well. Now I need more binders. :|:
IMG_9863.jpg
IMG_8341.JPG.jpg

A new theory I have for tying them down. The idea it works more towards the ideal split between roll over and forward (or rearward) movement.
IMG_8390.jpg

Looks very good, Carl. Milwaukee is excellent stuff, based on my experience. I have some ancient tools that they put out and that have been used hard for many years. Still going strong.

I'm a big fan of Milwaukee too. I have a sawzall and circular saw that must be 20 years old, off course I don't use them everyday but when I need them they're always there. Let me know how you like the 1/2", I've been wanting one for home, it's so much easier than air.

Back