What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

made a bocconcini and tomato appy then chicken breast with sweet potato 'fries', fruit salad with ready whip to finish. :) Wifey liked, I made it AND did the dishes...

edit: Pics of course. :D lol.

Attachments

• P5165888.JPG
    P5165888.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P5165889.JPG
    P5165889.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P5165890.JPG
    P5165890.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 6
thanks Cursed, I didnt like my plating on the main dish though, just the sweet taters and the chicken. should have had some lettuce or broccoli or something on the plate for contrast/height.

Good enough for home...

Love to dress that bocconcini and tomato with some Thai basil (purple) for color and contrast... Regular basil or spinach works well too. Some grilled bell pepper julienne would have worked well with the chicken and sweet potato. Color for the broccoli also you mentioned. I personally enjoy looking at your dishes and imagining the flavors and textures Paul :) You're a very good cook :)

Thanks, kudos from a chef are great, especially to a home cooker. My basil is teensy as its too cool around here to keep it outside quite yet but if I had it I would have a nice mature leaf with each layer. Hence the green onions for some snap and taste.

The chicken plate could use some color and veg, next time. :D

The fruit salad (chopped pear, apple, peach and lemon juice) was good but it didnt photograph well with the bit of fluffy whip on it.

Cursed, I love the white plates for presentation, any tips on the flash and dash for serving? I find my servings arent vertical much, mostly just an attempt at balance for colour and texture...

Beds and layers. Prop something up with something else. Greens go a long way for bedding. Contrast in your color scheme. Why I suggested a roasted red bell pepper. I also use orange peppers, purple, green, yellow.. whatever works for the plate. Zest in another good accent on the meat. Lemon or orange zest is pretty and delicate.
Your dessert the whipped cream just sat too long and I usually off center a whip hat or center it on my mood. That way you see the colors and shapes of the fruit. :)
I think you do great myself. They all look tasty :)

Oh and I forgot to mention sauces... Since you use a white plate and like the presentation on one. Bed of sauce and a splash on the meat... Or sauce lines on the plate and meat. Saucier was one of my favorite stations in a kitchen. Making sauces was such fun in creativity for me.

.. I didnt like my plating on the main dish though, just the sweet taters and the chicken. should have had some lettuce or broccoli or something on the plate for contrast/height.

ORANGE - think Carrots or BEETS ( but they are not orange) - but Carrots taste better

FUNNY when i make a meal for a dinner guest, I make sure there is lots of color.

why do the Sweets look white.

Dinner here was some Hummis, roast pork, and a sliced tomato. it was all what fell out of the fridge when i opened it.

I tried portobello pizza tonight. Not bad, but I used tomato paste instead of pizza sauce. It's a learning curve. FIRST time I have EVER baked anything besides a cake!

My buddy Mike called me up to complain that he had too much pizza and needed me to come eat some so he wouldn't get up and eat it at 3am. I was going to have a salad but I figured it would be best to help out my buddy instead.
:P

yum, steak, prawns, salad, garlic bread, noodles... vino. :D
9409194.jpg