What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Someone gave me a bottle of champagne. I opened it at dinner, and the cork knocked a piece of plaster off the ceiling and foam went all over the table and on the floor. I then poured like a waiter in a high class establishment, keeping my cool for everyone to admire. There were no applause though :(

Someone gave me a bottle of champagne. I opened it at dinner, and the cork knocked a piece of plaster off the ceiling and foam went all over the table and on the floor. I then poured like a waiter in a high class establishment, keeping my cool for everyone to admire. There were no applause though :(

YES BUT YOU IS PARTIALY CRAZY...:D

Large meat lover's calzone from a small local Italian place. Baked in an honest-to-God real brick pizza oven, not on a conveyer belt running through some stainless steel box like the pizza delivery places. Ate half of it and got leftovers for tomorrow.
:P

Anyone heard of Mellow Mushroom? There is one in Asheville, NC.....good stuff.

It's a pizza...beer ....joint.

Large meat lover's calzone from a small local Italian place. Baked in an honest-to-God real brick pizza oven, not on a conveyer belt running through some stainless steel box like the pizza delivery places. Ate half of it and got leftovers for tomorrow.
:P

A real wood fuelled brick oven is the only way to cook pizza.I refuse to eat pizza cooked in any other way,and don't get me started about the pizza joints that don't use proper mozzerela!,or make toppings such as Hawiian..:(

A real wood fuelled brick oven is the only way to cook pizza.I refuse to eat pizza cooked in any other way,and don't get me started about the pizza joints that don't use proper mozzerela!

the local ale house has wood fired,free on friday nights.good pizza is few n far between IMO lots of rubbish out there.

the local ale house has wood fired,free on friday nights.good pizza is few n far between IMO lots of rubbish out there.

It's funny we tree men have a rough and ready type of image,well so i've been told,yet we or most of us on here apreciate the finer things from life ,to start with good food.Who would think a bunch of tree men would know so much about fine food and ales etc..

Good pizza is piss easy to make ,I wonder how/why so many get it so wrong,them pre-cooked pizza bases make me vomit at the sight..

It's funny we tree men have a rough and ready type of image,well so i've been told,yet we or most of us on here apreciate the finer things from life ,to start with good food.Who would think a bunch of tree men would know so much about fine food and ales etc..

its funny most tree guys i know are conasuiers of fine food one way or another.my christmas bonus to the guys is crayfish/prawns from flinders island in bass straight.

Good pizza is piss easy to make ,I wonder how/why so many get it so wrong,them pre-cooked pizza bases make me vomit at the sight..

Really? It must be a Brit thing. We've outstanding frozen pizza over here! I like to spice em up with little extras, too.

Orrrrrrr did you mean just the crust? :?

That Boboli crap is like a piece of particle board... tastes like it to.

I will make my own dough before I use that stuff.

But some of the frozen pizzas here are damn good. Like the Frescetta Brick Oven Pizzas!

Gary

I have to agree, I don't think I've ever had a bad pizza. All those bunch in a package little frozen pizzas that you can buy in the frozen section of the market, I mean they are bad, but eating enough of them at the same time makes them pretty good. It's the law of quantity over quality.

American fried chicken Oops ok British fried chicken from theTurkish bloke down the road,hang on ,BRITISH TURKISH FRIED CHICKEN Yep i think thats ok.

Is it just me or does imitation crab meat taste better than the real thing?

We're doing New England style crab rolls tonight.

Maybe it's just all the work of getting the meat out of the shell that turns me off... the whole thing just wreaks of effort.