What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
John smoked ribs and chicken wings all day. I added a baked potato and spinach with artichoke in a phillo crust with corn bread. I skipped the baked potato and ribs. Portion control as my daughter would say, although she went for it all!

Funny, all I can remember about dinner last night is that I had some wine.

Prawns sauted with jalapenos, garlic, fresh parsley, and lime juice. Served over fettacini alfredo. Bottle of nice merlot. Blackberry pie a bit later on, with a glass of cold milk.

I hope you enjoyed your mountain hicking/camping jaunt Burnham ,grub sounds tastey as well ..

I'm off camping myself very soon,the Essex countryside doesn't compare to where you camped Burnham but where we are going the nearest house is 3 miles away,and there will be no other people about as its my land ,I only have about 5 acres of woody scrub land,it does over look miles of farm land in all directions though, it will be fun..

Lee,

What do the Brits eat when they are camping.......beans and toast? :what:

I bet Lee treks to a pub for lunch. Maybe an Indian owned pub :)

No good old camp cooking done here,big outside boiling pot with a healthy stew or meat pudding in it,Gypsy style!

I cook the same stuff on a fire as my family have done for hundreds of years,the same recipes ..

Now and again i'll cook a fried breakfast on a swing pan,or put potatoes in the fire embers or even roast a hedge hog ..lol

We had pork ribs this weekend. Smoked for 6 hours over oak. Meat just fell off the bone.

We had pork ribs this weekend. Smoked for 6 hours over oak. Meat just fell off the bone.

I must admit when it comes to smoking meat and cooking meat on a bbq you yankee boys are the best..

YUUMMM smoked pork ribs..:P

looks like a plate full of lefties for supper but... I am munching on a ziploc bag full of smoked salmon jerky right now, DEEE-licious!

actually its quite good. very like regular smoked salmon but spicier and less mushy texture.
sorta like really succulent beef jerky.
I have had deer jerky before years ago, also really tasty and nice soft texture.

I must admit when it comes to smoking meat and cooking meat on a bbq you yankee boys are the best..

YUUMMM smoked pork ribs..:P

Thanks. My dad stopped manning the grill a while back so I had to take over. Took a while, but I've got most of my techniques down.

Since today was my day off... I decided to smoke a whole chicken.

I marinated it overnight with my famous secret marinade, and then stuffed it with lemon wedges and tarragon sprigs. I put it on my charcoal water smoker for just about 4 hours (internal temp of about 170 degrees F). In the water pan I put in water, 1 beer, more lemon wedges, 2 quartered apples, a large qauartered onion, and a handful of red pepper flakes. I used two handfulls of wet Alder chips on the charcoal for a light smoke flavor.

Here is my famous secret marinade...;)

Gary's Super-duper Marinade

1 1/2 cups Olive Oil
3/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons Dry Mustard
2 teaspoons Salt
1 tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/3 cup Lemon Juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Dried Parsely Flakes
3 Cloves Garlic, mashed & roughly chopped

Combine all ingredients and marinate meat for at least 4 hours to overnight in the fridge. Works best with chicken or pork. But will work with fish or beef. Can be used as a basting sauce as well.

Enjoy!:)

Gary

That looks soooo yummy!

We're having beef tendorloin medallions, backed potatoes and a spinach salad.

Since today was my day off... I decided to smoke a whole chicken.

That looks really good. I've never used a grill like that. But I have smoked a chicken using the beer-can-in-the-butt trick.

That last sentence sounds bad........