What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

well, wife is gone for a couple days so I am on my own, that means a quick jaunt to the grocery store across the street for a couple pounds of chicken wings. ;)
gonna warm the oil fryer, chill a couple beers and smother the wings in sauce and scallions. mmmm good. not food for when in the company of a lady, at least not for me. the breathe alone might kill ya.
steak is chillin in the fridge for tomorrows supper.
sometimes bachelor time is nice.

I had four PBR's on top of that wonderfull dish...I need to fatten my skinny ass up!!

tater tot casserole? do tell. I am not familiar with the aforementioned dish.

Cover the bottom of a baking dish with tater tots...Mix 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese,1 can of cream of chicken soup,1 stick of melted butter and 8oz of sour cream..Mix ingredients and spread over top of tater tots..Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until it starts to brown on top.......Forgive us...This is not Flyboy typing this,it's his wife;)

It was easier to get her to type it than to try to get her to talk me through it

thanks Mrs flyboy, sounds tasty. not healthy whatsoever, but tasty! :) I am on my third plate of wings as we speak, another in the fryer... does diced green onions count as a serving of veggy?

burp. ok, I went overboard and ate ALL the wings I bought tonight instead of half. I was gonna freeze the other part and save it for my weekend away in two weeks. 1.95kgs down, thats about 4 pounds I guess, I am super stuffed, perspiration glistening on my cheeks. Life is good.

party on Boss. there were 7 plates like that ;) I am stuffed, no room for pizza here. at least not for a couple hours, its barely gone 7:45, the night is young!

Much of the time is something healthy for us,but tonight she did that because it's quick and the kids like it.She had to leave just a little while ago to work from 11PM til' 7AM...I told her I would handle the food tonight,but she insisted..What can ya' say?...We did have spinach with it.

so to continue my bachelors weekend of gastronomic gluttony I went to a local italian grocery today, they have a location downtown that has been there for like 40 years or something but this is a new store, very cool. I pulled up to the packed parking lot and see a few Schneiders meats tents and vans, as I open the door (after parking in the office building parking lot across the street) I can hear some dude belting out tunage in what I assume is Italian. some sort of street party going on, smelled AWESOME. grilling up sausage, garlic breads and the like in the name of the stop breast cancer charity.

I havent been in the store before so I was totally impulse buying. Ended up with a chunk of italian Brie, a large bococcini ball, a tin of caviar (lumpfish but heck its all thy had and I havent had any caviar before) a tin of pimento stuffed big olives, a jar of capers, four different types of crackers / flatbreads and a couple bottles of what looks to be carbonated orange juice (the writing appears to be all italian, in which I am not conversant).

Long story short, lunch here will be a sampler plate with a glass of my pops in law's awesome red wine.

Dinner will be a lovely rib eye steak, coconut crusted prawns, garlic bread and greek salad, likely with another glass of vino, heck the bottle is open and air degrades the wine right? cant let that sit out too long.

darn it all tho I forgot to get feta and a baguette (to make the garlic bread), gonna have to walk over to the store across the street. That and I am trying to find a cast iron skillet with the raised grilling ribs or whatever they are called.
Our condo is getting an envelope refit so all the balcony/patio stuff had to go, no more BBQ for me for up to 18 months. The electric grill sucks and teflon pans are garbage. I have never had good luck using the broiler for cow so I think the cast iron is the way to go. any comments/ tricks?

The wife is finally up..She didn't get in til' 8 this morning.I haven't worked up the nerve yet to ask her what's on the menu for tonight..She's better left alone til' she gets some coffee in her system.:X

hahha wise man, let her get her fix before you open that can of worms.
When I get up early in the AM I will go to the freezer and pull out what I figure I want for supper, when its half defrosted she cant really change the course ;)

For lunch I had tandoori lamb chops, curried chickpeas, salad, chicken tikka/kebab, lamb curry with spinach, rice , nan bread, and we had a big jug of mango lassi to wash it down with, dessert Indian/Pakistani ice cream [the best in the world IMO]

Very nice indeed