What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

waiting on a little pork roast at the moment, likely spuds and nice fresh green beans aside it on the plate.

Tonight will be having cheese tortellini in an alfredo sauce with feta crumbled over top (we LOVE feta) and jalapeno & asiago ciabetta bread.

Natalie

TGW.... so maybe tonight is a good choice for that meeting between me and treeguy ? :)

kidding, but that sounds delicious.

LOL

Sure Paul! Actually, we're supposed to go see "Snakes on a Plane" with friends tonight. Not my choice, but for some reason they have got it in their minds that they MUST see it with US. ????

Natalie

snakes on a plane? hahah, go to a dollar store and pick up some cheap rubber snakes, pick a good moment in the movie and fling them about the theater for kicks. :)

ROFLMAO!

Too funny Paul. Could you imagine the freak outs! LOL

Natalie

Getting ready to grill some Spicy and Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages along with peppers and onions. Serve on a good bun with Swiss Cheese, and dinner is served :D

tonights dinner:
Tomato basil mozzarella cheese & olive oil salad, Mango sausage, leeks & alfredo sauce & pasta. Also a little wine

Katsdon...MB's favorite I think. No beer though, I had to drive someone home.

Damnit, just ate breakfast and now I'm hungry again thanks to you guys.

Being wife's out of town, think I'll stick with seafood. Sardines and saltines.

Wonder what's going to happen to the elk meat now that they're culling NM's herds by the thousands? Haven't been keeping-up w/ the local news, but heard something about a disease epidemic.

Roosevelt elk huh? Rosemary sprinkled on a couple minutes before done?

I was a fat man in some prior life, pillaging villages w/ a club and tossing thigh bones back over my shoulders...the king and queen's.

This is Rocky Mountain Elk taken in Eastern Washington. The Roosevelt species is out on the Olympic Penninsula, and Southwest Washington coast. Reed, I believe you are referring to Chronic Wasting Disease. Which started in "farm-raised" elk I believe in Montana some time ago. Then when some of the farmed elk escaped they spread the disease to the wild animals. It is spreading rapidly throughout the West. Even in deer species as well.

But it might be something else...

Nothin' but plain ol' salt and pepper for me. Savor the flavor of the meat.

Gary

Ditto - or at least the basic tune-up for a change of pace: backstrap grilled with a bacon strip wrapped around it, saute some onions w/ very little garlic in butter and pour that over the sucker. If anyone reaches for the catsup bottle, kill them.

I only saw a quick blurb on the Rocky Mnt news about the elk herds, saying something about shooting as many bulls as possible this Fall...unmanaged herds. Hope not.