What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Last edited:
Breaded butterflied chicken breasts with festive baby spuds and, the best vegetable of all time, broccoli...

This was for dinner last night. Not sure what I'm making yet tonight. I do know that Christmas day might be filet mignon...already bought the cuts...so I'll eat them before I go back to Arizona. Might do pot roast tomorrow instead, though.

PXL_20231224_004959296.jpg

Tonight I had a pot roast with carrots and potatoes and mushrooms in a gravy type sauce. It was cooked for many hours beginning early this morning and so the meat was falling apart and tender as hell, which is the best way to eat it. I slow cooked it inside of a big crock pot, which is always fun to use because it's basically "set it and forget it." Minimal prep work beside cutting the meat and making the sauce. And yes, I edited this photo because I'm quick with it and it makes the food look even better! It's like capturing a moment and using technology to improve it forever. I always keep my originals as well, though. Never know when you might want to/need to re-edit it.

PXL_20231225_232204666~2.jpg

Tonight I finally pulled out those three cuts of filet mignon that I mentioned a few days ago! I seasoned them with sea salt, cracked pepper and olive oil and then grilled them. As always, I burned grill marks into the meat because why wouldn't I? Everything turned out absolutely perfect and you can see in the last picture yet another perfect medium steak, served with a baked potato and broccoli!

PXL_20231226_213733335~2.jpg PXL_20231226_232003415~2.jpg PXL_20231226_233655420.MP~2.jpg

I finally found a place in this culinary shit hole country, where I can get decent tofu.
So I made a marinated tofu salad from the original Moosewood cook book.
In 1981 I came to California and ran across that book.
For a vegetarian from the land of dead pigs and potatoes, it was a revelation.

I have that book! Haven't made anything from it in decades though. I just don't like cooking much.

Going to an after Christmas, Christmas/New Years GTG tonight that will have pot luck snacks. So I made my sister's ( God rest her soul) bean dip recipe with my own taco seasoning and no measuring. About a gallon of the stuff. In the warmer, ready to go save for green onion sprinkles.
White elephant gifts for the men. I bought a rubber band gun for one of the gifts in case some one needs their kids to change the channels on the TV.
20231231_161843.jpg

Last edited: