What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

This is how the political cuisine in the West works - first a fake is created, and then this fake is passed off as the truth. I have not published a single post about politics here, on the contrary, even here you are trying to mention politics in one way or another. So carefully take your opinion in your hands and shove it into the place where your thoughts are born.

So, I talk about politics, mostly in the political threads.
You make one after the other attacks on me as a person. Mostly in threads where it doesn't belong.

I'm very sorry that I have insulted your dictator, but maybe, just maybe, he shouldn't have invaded Ukraine.

Now, could we pretty please, keep this thread about cooking.

Green beans from last summer, covered with Ratatouille, also from last summer and stuck in the oven with some home fries.
With a leafy green salad.

The bacon wrapped sea scallops were a hit. The beef, pasta, and bean dishes were good, but the scallops were amazing.
2 ingredients. Fry the bacon but pull the strips off before they’re crispy, wrap the bacon on a scallop and use toothpicks or skewers to hold in place, then 425 Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
EC94C942-C0B0-4808-AC76-5D1255698B29.jpeg

This was lunch. A smoked salmon poke bowl from aldi...

IMG_20220309_123748.jpg

This isn't something they usually have, but they come through every so often. Dunno if it's overstock or what. Even the discount price is kinda spendy. I think I paid $7. That's higher than it used to be. They're really good though. Comes with a pouch of rice you nuke for a minute, put the salmon on top, then add the sauce and dried spice.

I'm not sure what it is. It doesn't say on the package, so that indicates to me farmed. However, the faq on their website has these two entries...

Do you use farmed or wild salmon for your smoked salmon?

Here at Acme, we source the highest quality, premium grade salmon that will give us the best tasting smoked salmon possible. As a result, we source from both responsibly farmed Atlantic salmon and sustainably harvested wild salmon from suppliers that adhere to the strictest standards available (BAP, MSC, etc.). Further, we only source our salmon from the most pristine waters possible. The truth is that wild salmon stocks have declined over the decades and farmed salmon now constitutes 70% of world’s salmon.

What’s the difference between Acme, Blue Hill Bay, and Ruby Bay products?

The Acme products are a traditional line of smoked fish and herring products which employ the curing and smoking methods that have been part of our recipe for generations. This includes items that many families have enjoyed during family gatherings, special celebrations, and around the holidays. The Blue Hill Bay line of smoked fish and herring products are produced employing European curing and smoking techniques. Blue Hill Bay products also include a diverse selection of wild-caught smoked salmon products. The Ruby Bay brand blends traditional and innovative techniques to deliver new and innovative flavors and products.

The poke bowl is part of the Blue Hill Bay line, so maybe it's wild? If you explicitly parse what they're writing, it could still be farmed. They say it *includes* wild salmon, but doesn't say the line is *exclusively* wild salmon.

Better not be farmed salmon.............:/:

It's Thursday so Atlantic salmon from Norwegian waters, got a bit tired of Danish trout. Just checked and it is farmed. #-o

Oh well, too late now I just bought another packet. Not much choice here really, truck comes over from the coast usually today but the road is closed because of the floods and it's too expensive anyway.