What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

The way I was taught to make it was to grate the raw potatoes coarsely, then rinse them in cold water to get rid of all the starch released by the grating.
I find it really makes a difference.

Scredded onions and wild mushrooms mixed with the potatoes if great, too.

In that case, grate the potatoes well ahead and soak them in cold water.

Makes them swell up and the end result becomes less soggy.

Old news to you, Stephen, I know:)

HMM. TONIGHT TONIGHT. I had cabbage tonight. Stir Fry. Onions and garlic sauteed in a little oil. Cabbage sliced thin like slaw, in the pan until slightly wilted. Add 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar and 1 tbls Soy sauce. YUMMY that with nice Rib eye.

not married - living a life of possibilities - fun at times not so at others - not nice being wrong all the time BUT he loves my cooking

thanks for the advise and I do listen take all that is given with understanding.

Smoked a couple pork butts all day yesterday. Had some asparagus and rolls with it. Did up a vinegar sauce and a bbq sauce to go with them

Attachments

• 2012-04-07 16.38.13.jpg
    2012-04-07 16.38.13.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 6
Damn that sounds good Willie...
I treated us to pizza last night. Just Wyatt, Rob and I at home. Momma and the kids were at an Easter party with a bunch of other parents and kids. I had to work :(

Fettuccini alfredo: fresh homemade pasta, fresh parmesan, Tillamook butter and half and half, fresh Italian parsley. Sauted some asparagus with garlic in a bit of olive oil to go with, and a couple of glasses of Willamette valley pinot noir.

Not bad at all. A guy could do worse :).

Sounds tasty B. I'm off from working today. I think tonight I want to light the charcoal grill and lay some ground chuck burgers on top.

Gimme a bowl!
168.gif

T'is true that I prefer chili non carno to goat chili:lol:

I love goat cheese, though.