What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

My trouble is that I am an old school cook... Nothing is written down.. You have to show what you do and how much. No measuring unless it is by what's in your hand... That's how I learned and that is how I hand down my recipes :) So I am sure it was great Paul (I have the utmost confidence in your cooking). Someday I hope we can exchange some hands on recipes :)

Cursed, thanks for the vote of confidence, I too have no recipes, I digest thoughts of others and try for myself freehand. :) so far, so good.
I figure its a thought pattern more than a scientific course of action.

All good, a cook off is a pleasant challenge, as long as I get to taste what you produce. :D

I don't really believe in cook offs. Everyone has their way of doing things.. I don't like to think of different ways things are cooked as being better or not.... They are "different". Some ways may be preferable to some.. but all they are is different... I like different..
Often times some of my best fixens are the expansion of what I already know with the different I have taken from some one else :) "Different" allows you to keep an open mind and be less intimidating as a dinner guest ;)

good post. I cook the basic stuff I can figure, to have a trained chef think it might be good fare is compliment enough to me.

I can't even begin to describe the good feeling you get, after being a professional, when someone even cooks for you.... It can be as simple as Mac & Cheese. Just the fact that some one cooked you a meal and that you got to sit down (not standing on the fly) and truly get enjoy it at an appropriate temperature is a huge thing. Something that becomes so important and not taken for granted. Some one actually cooked for you!...
The host or hostess is all nervous about whether or not you are going to like it and that is up to your standards.. When in reality, you rarely get a hot, cooked for you meal done for you!...
It brings into the picture a sincere appreciation for foods prepared by some one else.

All good, someday lets grill and such in near proximity. For now I think I should hit the rack without further comment, otherwise MB might bring out the man hug photo...

I had half of a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli. In the last week I've lost the 10 lbs I gained on vacation, so for dessert I had this:

Fish...I've started to limit my meat intake, but I have a coupon from the burger joint that must get used before the end of the month, so tomorrow I must go to validate the cost of printing it.

ha! good looking dessert RJS. I had pita from pita pit today for supper. wife and bub went to see the inlaws this afternoon. :) chicken crave with bacon. condiments: cucumber, tomato, mushroom, red onion, hot banana peppers, cheddar and one big squirt of hot sauce. :D on a whole wheat pita of course 8)

tasty indeed, serving size was appropriate, cost, well, whatever. :) I have some chicken wings thawing now for a snack later.

wing time. :D

edit:
just ate the wings, wow, mouth on fire! mix of Franks red hot, garlic powder, cayenne, butter and Tony Roma's chipotle hot sauce...
good eats.

:/: supper time.
Breakfast was an alfredo bun with an egg, slice of bacon, basil, scallion and a splash of steak sauce.
Supper: grilled chicken breast, steamed new potatoes, tomatoes with basil and a mini zuchini with a bit of cheese. :)

MB, yes, before you ask, i managed to finish the whole plate :D

Attachments

• P6296268.JPG
    P6296268.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 3
  • P6296275 (Large).JPG
    P6296275 (Large).JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 3
TONIGHT TONIGHT - I had grill pork tonight

(song to a west side story tone)