What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Last night a snack of tortilla chips with a bit of cheese and ground beef. Tonights supper, nasi goreng, mine with a little too much sambal oelek. :D
MB, I had two plates full, just cuz it tasted so good. :)

Attachments

• P6236224.JPG
    P6236224.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 3
  • P6246240.JPG
    P6246240.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 3
I have been eyeballing those prepacked 7 layer dips in the grocery store for a few weeks, might be time to pick one up, a weekend treat or something.

Sri Lankan red rice [new to me and very nice] mango salsa, chicken curry, bitter gourds fried with onions, lentil curry..

Mango, sticky rice and coconut custard

Came home to a great salad made by the wife before she had to head off to work. :) Guac, tomato, zuchini, lettuce, grilled chicken and a homemade dressing. I was hungry an hour after so for MB, I heated up some lefties from the fridge as a second plate. :D couple potato patties with bold A-1 sauce then a spicy sausage I found in the meat drawer.

edit: sheesh, I have to check my camera settings, the placemat looks hugely different in color between the two shots. :/:

Attachments

• P6266250.JPG
    P6266250.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 5
  • P6266260.JPG
    P6266260.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 5
my parents are coming over for supper tonight, even though they live about 1/2 an hour away its a rare thing for them to come here. On the menu, new york strip steaks except for my ma who asked for chicken instead. mandarin and crunchy noodle salad, new potatoes (with fresh dill from the garden) with a sprinkle of bacon bits (yes, real bacon of course, its being cooked now), baguette with a bit of garlic butter and grilled peach halves with vanilla ice cream for dessert. :D
I am already "mise on place"-ing

Nice, must be a couple pans at least to feed your crowd? I havent made lasagna yet, any pointers?

Nice, must be a couple pans at least to feed your crowd? I havent made lasagna yet, any pointers?

One large pan will suffice. I'll have to ask her about pointers. She made everything from scratch, even the sauce. There's spinach, little tiny meatballs, sliced spicy sausage, and LOTS of Ricotta cheese. Took a few hours to put it all together.

I'm having a serious barbeque this afternoon/evening. Some of us canucks celebrate Canada Day this weekend even though it's officially next wednesday. The town here is overrun with Funtastics ball tournament(teams from everywhere, even one from New Mexico this year) and a national bmx race. I'm secure at home though with all my food groups well represented. Beef, pork, and even some chicken for the girly men. Libations are starting to flow right about now!8)

:drink: