What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Yummy!

Tonight we went for Chinese food with my family (for my sister and BIL's anniversary), then on the way home we stopped at McDonalds where I got fries and a vanilla ice cream cone. Yep, the cravings begin!

Oh, and no plans to change the avatar. I want to remember what I USED to look like! :big-laugh:

Last night was homemade pasta sauce with bowties. Tonight is baked chicked and corn on the cob, along with homemade(no mix at all, no recipe even) Double German Chocolate Cake with Praline Frosting

BTW Congrats Natalie and Mr. Tree Guy's Wife

Another pizza from the local Italian place. Their pizza is soooo good. So is their Stromboli. Had to order early because you can't get in the front door after about 7, standing room only.

I haven't bought a pizza from Pizza Hut in over 6 months now. Last year I probably averaged one per week. This place is a couple dollars more but worth every penny.

new york strip steak, about 1 1/4 inch think, near a pound or so. nice white rice (wife prefers them to the potatoes I enjoy) and some veggies. good eatin coming up!

Plow/plough mans lunch here,crusty bread ,mature chedder cheese,strong pickled onions,pickled red cabbage,spring onions,branston pickle,piccalily,tomatos,cucumber,radishes,ham slices,pork pie,pint of stout ,i'm stuffed..

Haggis is a GRAND food fit for a king or a pesant! I think it's actualy classed as a sausage..

half a leftover steak (not MY leftovers, the wife cant eat a whole steak, poor girl) and a plate full of fettucine noodles with basil pesto with ground almonds. ;) spot on as our Brits might say.

aye thats what haggis is.

haggis, black pudding, sausage and bacon butty with some hp brown sauce......:P

i know haggis cant be imported into a lot of countries as its classed as offal.....offaly good i'd say.

jamie

oh and on that Wikipedia website they lied, they said haggis have 4 legs, they dont they only have 3. one on the uphill side and 2 on the downhill side.

The poll of 1,000 US visitors to Scotland found 33% thought haggis was an animal; 23% said they came to Scotland believing they could catch one.

you crazy americans, we love you in scotland....i'm away off to change into my work kilt and do the highland fling then this afternoon i'm away caber tossing.
jamie:evil:

what time to you go Nessie hunting? can you ride a Haggis? I mean with three legs you would think it would have an awkward gait..

Ha, do you get to see The Simpsons tv show over there? I remember a quote from the gratuitous Scot, groundskeeper Willy.
something like " there's nary a man that can catch a greased Scotsman!" I forget the scene / context.

but theres plenty of wimin that can catch a greased scotsman.

i like groundskeeper willy, he is everything that a proper scottish guy should be (or is portrayed as)

jamie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am not sure it gets any better than this: Home made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, and squash. A little bread on the side and it was sooooooo good!

sushi! (california roll, tuna roll, salmon roll and a dynamite roll) and had a big bowl of wonton soup at lunch....

what time to you go Nessie hunting? can you ride a Haggis? I mean with three legs you would think it would have an awkward gait..

Ha, do you get to see The Simpsons tv show over there? I remember a quote from the gratuitous Scot, groundskeeper Willy.
something like " there's nary a man that can catch a greased Scotsman!" I forget the scene / context.

Willy had to chase after Santa's Little Helper(Bart's dog) in the air vent of the school. Lunch lady Delores quickly obliges to his question as to wheter or not she could spare some grea after he bares all down to his skivvies. In the end, he chases the dog, the duct work breaks in the gymnasium, he and the dog fall. The dog is not hurt whereas Willy lands on Superintendent Chaumers while he is wearing a new suit, and ultimately, Principal Skinner is fired...I think.