What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

@ Deva

You remember what happened the last time I tried to do Italian with you!

VWyRECL.gif

Not that... I just wanted to post her.

No pics, but I did pretty good on the grill tonight with pork chops and asparagus for 15 people. We had two chops left over and they will be diced up tomorrow morning and mixed with some hot salsa to pour over some eggs. Eating at sun up to head over and try to catch dinner for tomorrow. We brought a large amount of burger as back up.

The first new potatoes and a tomato salad with the first basil from the poly tunnel.
After a winter that simply would not go away and the coldest spring in history, that is hard to beat:)

The tomatoes are Spanish but in a month I'll be eating my own.
14 different varieties, no less.

made a red curry with chicken, eggplant, broccoli. sauce is from a can, Maesri brand. My friend had a thai missus and considers himself quite the curry jedi. He says maesri is the best curry from a can/jar. I'd have to agree it tasted pretty good.
curry.jpg

Don't think I've tried Maesri, usually Ayam or just make my own.

I usually have to add some chilli to most ready made sauces but not these, best ones I've ever tried.

51QV5PES10L.jpg

Local fruit & veg market stocked them for a while but you can find them around, worth a try. http://www.springbokdelights.com.au...outh-african-cook-in-sauce-spicy-durban-curry

Saturday, so seafood pizza. But imported frozen green prawns are banned so had to use a marinara mix.

The curry looks good, but tastes good? I have to wonder.

I cooked a pork loin on the grill last night. Did a rub on it, and cooked it slow. Dressed with sauce at the last ten minutes.

It turned out pretty well. Cheap too.

Boiled brocoli and a lettuce salad. Wife made REAL Roquefort dressing. Heavenly!

I had some left over sautéed lemon pepper chicken breasts so I made a salad of mixed lettuces, cucumber, shoe string carrots, red bell pepper, green onion and warmed up chicken with ranch dressing. Twas yummy.

I often add Chinese chili paste to my curry. Seems to set it off, with fresh ginger of course

I love a good salad with some protein, nice light summer meals. Steve I have an almost identical bag of sauce sitting around but its expired so I might try to to pick up another one. I'd say the Maesri trumps the Ayam but making one from scratch must be the real deal- I've never done curry from scratch.

I was sitting down to dinner and thought of Butch and his dislike for small plates. I use this 12 inch deep dish skillet whenever the opportunity allows. It holds enough to make a meal.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    810.9 KB · Views: 25
New burger place in town opened about a mile away last month, called Culver's. Been there a couple times. Stopped in tonight for a quick easy dinner since Chic-Fil-A is closed on Sundays.

Folks came down for dinner. Father in law is here too of course.

Had a store bought lasagna, salad with home made Roquefort dressing, and my favorite thing of all. Warm French bread.

Take a loaf of French bread, slice it up but not all the way through, butter between each slice, wrap in foil and warm in oven.

My favorite treat.

Food...

Why is it so galldanged good???

Attachments

• 18519494_1461117413950974_2782302716003850218_n.jpg
    18519494_1461117413950974_2782302716003850218_n.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 20
The wife made brocolli beef and noodles from scratch tonight.

It was damn good, but almost a disaster.

Some one threw away, actually threw away my bottle of Sriracha.

I was in a panic, I cant eat stuff like that without turning it red first with Sriracha.

Luckily, I remembered I had a jar of hot chili paste in the basement cupboard. That saved it.

had some good chinese last night including deep fried squid with chilli, squid tentacles are tasty as!

I might hit up some Siracha I'm forever reading about it but not sure if I've tried it...