What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Jim that rant is well justified, the large supermarket chains over here are very predatory and opportunistic (corporate scumbags). They extort their suppliers and consumers alike- I prefer to pay a bit more for quality items at the small grocer & butcher etc.

Excellent post, Jim, and good advice that I hope anyone reading understands the importance of.

I just had to fuel your fire a little there jim lol. I usually do buy all meat from the local farmers, but today the grocery store was just more convenient and closer. Since hunting season is over it'll probably be beef and pork till Sept. When I used to have cows (only 30 at a time) I used to raise a cross between Angus, herferd, and Scottish highlander. Always seemed to be the right mix for good steaks and burger and I was told the highlander was a little healthier for you.

Tonight's meal was a reward for a wicked 5 stemmed Austrian Pine removal today-- plus some minor silver maple pruning off the Rope Wrench... baked nice and crispy Yukon /gold potato wedges, coconut oil, salt and dill, big slab of Alaska Sockeye (frozen but still damn good) and a kale and carrot and juice smoothie.... wine, and apple pie.

Super pissed at myself for not noticing the dead battery in my new Canon 7D Mk II--had it on the tripod, and ready for a time exposure--the feature is built in to this kick ass 10 frames per second camera! I shot 1100 pics and vids last weekend at the 5th Annual Bainbridge Island Open Masters Went through about three batteries, and had a old tired one in the camera at the last, and for review afterwards, and just plain forgot to check. The shots are on facebook.com/roger.barnett.96 Several of Sean Kroll... it was good to see ya and competing, Sean! Hadn't seen ya in too long, bud!! By the way, my laptop's touch pad must not have liked that rain..... now I gotta use a mouse....

I'm bummed, as it was a cool tree. I used a controlled speed line, which worked well with two and sometimes three rookies on the ground. Would have been a great one to capture on digital celluloid!!! Me and my freakin senior moments....

Tonight was left over surprise, or more accurately put, there's left overs so surprise. Taco, spaghetti, and bologna sandwiches all around ha ha ha

I nearly put some beef chilli in too, but I've already eaten my own body weight in red meat this weekend.

Tonight for dinner was breakfast. Scrambled eggs with beef, turkey and cheese. And fried hashbrowns with wheat toast. Then ice cream chaser.

Chicken, chicken noodle soup, crackers and peanut butter, cole slaw. I'm full:|:

One of my favorite summer time meals last night.

IMG_20160503_201810129.jpg

Sequoia devoured his! Happy camper.

IMG_20160503_201929357.jpg

Hamburger without bread, mac and cheese, cottage cheese, with a banana. I think the wife is having some weird cravings. Might have to take away her decision making lol