What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I wish!

SbOxdH6.jpg

When we go camping or to the lake we always cook like that.

People look at us funny. They often lug a gas grill to the lake.

Silly town people!

I cooked a cotton tail on a tire iron once. Probably ruined the iron....but the rabbit tasted good.

Pop can trout is good too.

I cheated, it was cooked at home on the bbq and I was just warming it up. Those are some interesting cooking methods Jim... pop can trout??? What’s that?

Butch if you ever go hiking with me I will pack several extra so you don’t go hungry.

Catch you a little 10 inch brookie or rainbow and clean it...take the head off too.

All you need next is an empty pop or beer can with the top cut off. Empty can of beans works just as well.

Fold the fish in half and stick it in the can. Place can in the coals and cook it.

Fish kind of steams itself with the juices.

Quite good.

We used to use an ensilage fork to cook hot dogs when burning brush in the winter. Stick the dogs on the tines and the buns on the fork.

3E2410FD-F955-446C-85C2-C81B7E46096C.jpg
The wife made the mistake of asking me to stop by the local butchers to pick up a few things. I just couldn?t resist getting dinner while I was there. Mushrooms and onions plus garlic potatoes will occompany these. I might even do up some mushroom caps as an appetizer. I need this weather to break. I spend to much time right now thinking about dinner.

Damn! Those look good.

I've got a couple of pork shoulders rubbed down and marinating for tomorrow. We have a long weekend holiday up here. Family day. So we're having people over and I'm dusting off the smoker to do up some pulled porks! It's going to be a good time.

I got up at six this morning to get my bbq started. Got my pork shoulders on with some applewood and a little hickory too. Gonna be some kick ass pulled pork tonight! Frigging freezing out. -17c.

I'll try to get a halftime pic when I wrap em up!

IMG_1678.jpg

Hummus.
Drizzled with good olive oil and scooped up with warm Pita bread the way it is served all over the old Ottoman empire.

Learned to make it in 75 in Israel and it has been on the meny ever since.

See, feeding vegetarians isn't that hard.
Keep that in mind for when I come visiting.