What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

The all you can eat rib place here is awesome, but after the first rack, they only give you two ribs at a time.

That kinda sucks. All I want is two racks!

Jeezlus, I ordered a full rack of pork ribs once and was not filled up.

Next time I went back I ordered a full rack of beef ribs. I had several very large beers while waiting for my ribs thinking it was going to be a small meal again.

I never did that again.

I am having some "sconeitos" brought home tonight. Picture indian fry bread stuffed with taco meat, chili beans and cheese....then fried.

Blaine County Fair delicacy....and the last night of availability. I ordered 17, we shall see how many she brings home.

I almost blew the top of my head off eating dinner today.
Richard, my partner, had given me a small bottle of chili sauce.
Somehow I misunderstood him and got the impression that it wasn't very hot.
Bottle said " Very hot" but this being Denmark, I can usually eat the stuff , they cal very hot, with a spoon.
Anyway, I poured about 1½ tablespoons on my fried pasta.
It was Bhut Jolokia ghost pepper!

So eating the pasta, I got to this point, where all there is in the world, is you and the stuff you are eating, which is burning you up, but you still can't stop.

I think anyone here, who like the really hot stuff, knows what I mean.

Afterwards was real fine, like after good sex, all sweated out and mellow.

But in all my years of loving chilies, this is the hottest I've ever had.

We went past a place that rears and butcher's Bison. Popped in to buy some but they only had cubed steak left so made up some bison kebabs with red onions and bell peppers for the barbecue. Really tender. Thought it might be tough but wasn't.

I can't understand a person wanting to hurt the inside of their mouth with hot peppers.

I don't like pain, anywhere on my body.

And I won't even go into the last uncomfortable "benefit."

Cajun chicken pasta tonight. Linguini style pasta with a garlic cheese sauce and blackened chicken on top. Had an extra piece of garlic toast with it.

Vegetable this vegetable that. My garden is peaking and my wife has gone from happy face to saying no more room in the refrigerator. Giving a lot away too, a nice way to chat with neighbor ladies when their husbands aren't home. :D Corn is coming into maturation too, the first generation. Two more on the way up. Corn sure is easy to grow.

Love for you to have them! Fresh string beans have a lot of application. Okura tastes good in a salad. Just picked lettuce is vibrant.

My garden has been lacklustre seeming. Only harvested lettuce. You guys are making me jealous. I'll have a boatload of maters but not for a bit still as well as zucchini, squash, carrots. But not a lot else I think?

My strawberry patch went crazy this year though. I'm thankful for that. My deep freeze is quite packed with berries, but I buy a bunch each year. Local grown.

Squish, you don't mention a reason for the poor harvest, but maybe your soil isn't up to snuff? Maybe get it tested or get a test kit. I never have but it seems a common practice. First year planting in new soil can sometimes be surprisingly good if no nutrient depletion, but of course if nutrient content is poor to begin with, the results will show.

Yah I may test it. But I think it was a combination of planting right into a fresh bed, with some weak seedlings(few roots at planting), and then it took a bit to sort the moisture required for the new raised beds too. Once everything established its come along well, just suffered right off the bat which slowed things up I think.

This morning I'm filling my smoker with pork shoulders. Mmmm mmmm.

Some good friends of ours have been having a rough go and the husband has been in and out of hospital so the wife's birthday was sort of being passed over. We decided to have a nice meal and 'party' for her with a bunch of her friends. No better excuse to light off the smoker!

We've got some real meat connoisseurs coming so I better bring my A game BBQ to the table. 8)

The hubby is going under the knife in less than two weeks for open heart now. After a string of tests and emergency visits when his heart would 'misfire' and then get stuck misfiring. Have to zap him back into a regular beat or something. Pretty disconcerting and stressful for sure. He'll be coming too so I'm hoping they can kick back and relax a bit, and I'm hoping I don't have to do any jumpstarting. :O

Let there be........smoke!

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

I rubbed those shoulder roasts yesterday. That should fill up even the Blaster himself I'm thinking! This will be my biggest smoke yet so I'm pretty stoked about it. I'll have a bit of time to settle down lol. Meat hit the grills at 9am. Hoping to eat around 6ish? Keeping it low off the get go with lots of apple smoke. I plan to cook low for five/six hours and then wrap them up and up the heat for the last hour or two to finish 'em off.