What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

What's the cooking temp and how long?

Looks Good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I took it to 165 and then foiled it, that was about 4hrs. Then I cranked it up a bit and brought it up to 199 in another couple of hours. It was basically fall apart. Delicious, wife and kid raved! :thumbup:

Trying to slowly cook these ribs. 45 minutes in at 250 degrees and two beers.... hoping to make it 4 more hours.

90d38257be551dd54ea501a4d5817f0a.jpg

Awesome. I'm making ribs for my mom and pops today. I'm planning to cook them about four hours too at around 250 on the smoker.

I've seen you post lots of BBQ pics Deva. I have only used my Weber smokey mountain smoker. But I'm in love with the thing and they are relatively inexpensive for smokers. I highly recommend it. Wsm is kind of the standard by which all other smokers are judged I found when I researched it. Also it appears to be the competition smoker of choice, despite there being much more expensive and fancy options out there.

Good to know, thanks!

Wsm is the real deal. I recall in my research that they can go on sale for quite cheap at times down in the states. My wife ordered mine off of amazon Canada and got a ........wait for it!..........smoking deal on it!:D

What size WSM would you recommend for a family of five plus a couple of guest on occasion? Options I saw with just a quick look were from 14"-22"

Wsm is the real deal. I recall in my research that they can go on sale for quite cheap at times down in the states. My wife ordered mine off of amazon Canada and got a ........wait for it!..........smoking deal on it!:D

:lol: Canadien humor rarely falls short on me.

I have the 18.5" wsm and IMO it could easily feed a family of five plus a couple of guests. Itll depend what you're cooking too. I can easily fit four full rack of ribs(cut in half) I've read with extra little racks/stands you can fit a lot more. I've also cooked a mediumish turkey and a ham on mine at the same time.

I went the 18.5" route as it seemed a decent compromise, and most of my smoking would be for our own small family or small gatherings. I read th 22" can be a bit of a waste of charcoal if you're not really using the space. Also considering the overall size of where you'll be keeping/using it.

I wouldn't go 14" myself, but I'd possibly go to the 22"? I have no need of the extra space yet and price is always a factor(everything is pricey in canuckistan pesos) for me. So I'm sure I'll just run my 18.5" for the rest of my daze.

I've got a few options in that range. Thanks for the input. I figure smoking a good meal is family time plus allowing me a bit of catching up around the house. Good deal

It's fun to do. Here's my ribs going on. And a couple pics of the setup of the smoker. You also need a little starter 'chinney' they call it to get your coals going. Then you add the lit charcoal to the ring of charcoal in the bottom and assemble the smoker. That's a pan full of water in there that evens out the temp swings and then there's two grills. Bring it up to temp and throw your meat on! This batch of ribs is going to be amazing!

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

Thanks gents. No after pics unfortunately, was to busy whipping everything together. Had my parents over and we were celebrating Mother's Day today, so I went all out. Ribs, baked potato,corn, broccoli, and asparagus!

Ha. I am now. I should describe the final steps I did with my ribs.

So. After 90min at about 225 I swapped them around on the racks(top to bottom and bottom to top). Then I smoked them another 90min at right about 250. Then I pulled them off and coated the meat side with honey, brown sugar, and butter, then I placed them meat side down in tinfoil. I then put the same coatings on the backside, minus the butter, and finally I poured about a 1/4 cup of my homemade BBQ sauce on each one. Then I wrapped them up and returned them to the smoker for another hour around 250. I went all out with these and they were certainly my best yet. I smoked with applewood chunks, four or five I tossed on the coals when the meat first went on.

8)

That's some good looking meat!

Did some trail work this weekend so a 7lb hunk of beef wasn't possible. Chicken and dumplings ain't bad though.

IMG_3187.jpg