What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Chris that must be some big Squid that you have over there. I love fried Squid, raw too when it's fresh. I think it's high in cholesterol though.

All we get up here are the little tiny ones cut up and fried to look like miniature onion rings.

How on earth could a squid have cholesterol in it? I thought seafood was low in that sort of stuff.

My long suffering wife made Broccoli beef tonight. Sometimes we have it with rice, sometimes with spaghetti noodles....tonight was noodles.

I dont think you can buy those skinny Asian noodles up here.

Its damn good and I always eat too much.

I guess its easy to see why Asian people are so skinny. Not because the food is with out fats or calories, but because its a lot of work to cook it properly.

It's true, I don't see many fat Asians in these parts. Every now and then is about it. I'm not really fat, but to fit in I still suck in my stomach when standing up at social gatherings. I see farmers at the public bath and they look have emaciated, apparently healthy though.

Funny Story

As an AF brat, we moved around a bit. My dad got orders to relocate to Misawa AFB, in Japan.

It was an adventure for me and my brother... I had just finished the 7th grade.

The first day me and my lil brother went exploring this new, crazy place.

Long story short, we bought an octopus at an open seafood market for practically nothing.

We snuck it in and arranged it in the fridge, all spread out and looking crazy.

Bear in mind this was an entire small octopus...

Mom was the first victim... she squealed and then LOL'ed! :lol:

Me and my brother were laughing our ass off!

Then, she says leave it there for when my dad comes in from work, in an hour or so.

HE about shit his pants! We all laughed our asses off!

He tried to be mad at us for scaring him, but the three of us laughing at him forced him to LOL!

Don't remember what happened to the octopus...

I like deviled ham!

Commodity Luncheon Loaf is good too. Same thing really, just a much bigger can.

I think I am the only guy on the fire department that looks forward to eating an MRE. Its like a food present....you never know what you are gonna get.

Good story Butch. Dad would have burned down the refrigerator if we did that.

Octopus is usually available at outdoor event food concessions. They cut it up into little pieces and cook it inside a ball covered with egg and dough. It's quite good. "Takoyaki"...Tako is Octopus. Put some mayo on it and a fine snack. The guys with the prongs are wizards at manipulating the balls.

Attachments

• takoyaki-cooking.jpg
    takoyaki-cooking.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 19
That's it Chris, with the flakes and mayo. There used to be a man and his son that had a little concession in front of a market on my way home from work. I'd often stop in and get a pack to take home. I think they moved on to a better pickings place. Not hard to find though, very popular. Octopus is good in sea food type stews as well. Interesting creatures, I wouldn't be so keen on killing them. Kind of pains me to see them on a hook.

A typical takoyaki stand that you would find at a festival. Nice little treat to walk around and munch on.

Attachments

• 251a43_yatai_large.jpg
    251a43_yatai_large.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 15
French cheese, baguette, duck confirm, tomato salad, and coconut soup. Neighbors were clean coming out the fridge before heading out for a trip!