What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

LOL! Lots of red meat in there, Jim. My teeth are bad so I eat mostly ground. The sprouts are mung beans, sprouted for 2 days. The vegetables vary with what is fresh and available. This dish had, besides ground beef, black beans, onions, garlic, jalapeno pepper, tomatoes with chili peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, corn all seasoned with spicy chili powder, topped with extra sharp white cheddar and the mung beans.

Ooooooooohhhhh, that sounds good. I thought the shavings on top might have been some sort of bamboo or something Asian like that.

Do you buy a bag of mung beans and sprout them yourself?

I thought they might have been mung beans, we planted some in our cover crops last year.

Steak, American beef!

Attachments

• stock-photo-bethpage-new-york-april-american-royal-painted-cow-sculpture-by-artist-asher-johnson.jpg
    stock-photo-bethpage-new-york-april-american-royal-painted-cow-sculpture-by-artist-asher-johnson.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 16
You'd probably get along well in Brazil, Jim. From what I have seen of Brazilians here, they eat a lot of beef. Just learn the samba...

There used to be a lot of Brazilians here, people of Japanese ancestry whose earlier generation moved to Brazil. The grandchildren and such could get working visas here pretty easy. There was a Brazilian food market and a restaurant in town. The market was cheap and had all kinds of stuff you couldn't get in a regular market, like big jars of olives for what you'd pay at the other markets for a dinky thing. Chickens were roasting by the door. The butcher was a huge guy and the girl behind the counter was gorgeous, and they offered a variety of good meats and a bunch of different sausages. Whenever I went to the restaurant at night the butcher was there. The waiter would bring out big cuts of meat on a skewer and cut you off what you wanted. Lots of rice and beans and salads, a help yourself kind of thing. Brazilians don't skimp on their meals.

Work slowed down and the Brazilians packed up, and no more market or restaurant. Japanese were skittish about going into those places. Quite a shame....

Wife and I went out last night. Celebrating several things and decided to splurge on a 30 ounce porterhouse for two. So melt in my mouth good!
IMG_1728.jpg
Grilled asparagus, onions, and sweet corn tonight with some left over sloppyjoes.

Looks good treebilly!

Ya MB, mormon crickets eat one another after they have been run over or stepped on. In certain places we get thousands of them.

Interesting about the local folks from Brazil Jay. Sounds like they really added a lot to the community. Well, maybe not for the Japanese folks, but it must have been nice for an American living abroad.

I figure the climate of Argentina might be a bit more forgiving to a guy like me. Perhaps Chile.

I was hungry this afternoon and ate a cold can of Nalley Chili.

That has proven to be a mistake.

You could starve a normal person to death on that kind of stuff, but if a truck load of canned chili crashed next to my house I could get along fine.

I am not as bad as the guy who kept a package of hot dogs in his coat for snacks, but I dont mind an uncooked hot dog either once in a while.

I can do cold hotdogs but cold chilli??? No!

On a logging crew that is not all mechanized it is the landing mans job to keep a fire going in the winter. If he's a good landing man he will have your lunch warmed up for you when you come off the hill. One cold winter day I made my way down to the landing to enjoy a nice warm can of chilli. As I was getting close I noticed a random bean laying here and there in the snow. When I got to the fire the landing man apologized to me, said my can of chilli blew up. Moral of the story, always poke a hole in the can before you put it on the fire.

Heard that.

Cooked many meals (MRE's and basic stuff) on my shovel over an open flame back in the daze.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk