What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

And fried potatoes. Jim good to read you get some seafood time to time, is it extremely expensive to buy?

Yes, very expensive....and generally poor quality.

I suppose that is to be expected, living where I do. Maybe it is acceptable quality, but I have been to Seattle. It does not even compare.

I cant remember what those scallops cost, but the pound of crab legs was 30 bucks. Frozen, product of Russia.

It's not really cast, more like sheet iron. It doesn't weigh near as much as a cast iron pan. I treat it just the same as a cast iron pan and it works really well.

Hey Jim, you sure that kid is yours? He looks nothing like you...:P

We are of camping for the weekend, had a neighbour come over with some fresh wallaby steaks two days ago, we did them up in the in the pan with fried onion, fresh spinach from another neighbour chopped and put on top at the last when the meat was resting, and a pot full of sweet potato, yummy

Wife cooked BBQ pulled beef tonight. Made open face sandwiches. Was very good.

I have never had wallaby steaks, but I have eaten wallaby pies. Better than mutton pies.

Is that anything like mince meat pie?

You guys are making me hungry. I think I'm getting bacon and eggs for dinner.

They call them mince pies, but in New Zealand "mince" means ground meat.

They are pretty good, small little pies you can buy at a gas station or something like that.

Sometimes the mince is beef or sometimes it is mutton....you know right away.

Only problem with them is they dont have any vegetables in them, so they are different from our pot pies.

I hate when the meat is gray...

sidebar-photo.png

The wallaby is good,quite flavourful, it was tender even just pan fried, very lean.
Indeed 'the pie' is the ubiquitous fast food here, I like the chunkey steak pie at our local bakery, home made, very yummy, bakery is 3 mins walk down the street, and another one same distance in the opposite direction, that one is the 'go to' for vanilla slice...oh the drama!

The wallaby is good,quite flavourful, it was tender even just pan fried, very lean.
Indeed 'the pie' is the ubiquitous fast food here, I like the chunkey steak pie at our local bakery, home made, very yummy, bakery is 3 mins walk down the street, and another one same distance in the opposite direction, that one is the 'go to' for vanilla slice...oh the drama!

Is that like ginger slice?

WERST thing I ever did eat! I thought it was a maple bar!

Ok, I have a retraction to post, the meat our neighbour gave us was Venison!
I have eaten wallaby before and it is good, and very lean.

Vanilla slice...think of a nice firm vanilla custard, put it on top of puff pastry, dust the top with icing sugar, slice it up into big squares and ENJOY!

The last two pics sobered me right up! That upside down one startled me:lol:
I had some pre-made pot pie from the grocery store tonight. Not all that good. Thank heavens my beer tastes good!